School

I woke up to someone shaking me awake and calling my name. I rolled over and pulled the covers over my head, to give them a hint to leave me alone and let me sleep. I mean I am 7 year old. They need sleep, unless you want a grumpy girl all day then go ahead and be my guest.

"Zay, wake up. Time for school" Soda said.

"Ugh, let me sleep" I said. He pulled the covers off me and picked me up. He walked out of my room and carried me to the kitchen. I didn't hold onto him, he can carry me. He set me down on the chair and I let my head fall to the table and into my food.

"When did you go to bed Zay?" Darry asked. I made a sound to say 'leave me alone'.

"C'mon Zay, you need to eat" Soda said.

"Not hungry" I said. I usually say that now. The gang is getting worried lately with me not eating at all. They always try to make me eat, but it don't work. Plus at school, the kids steal my lunch or throw it at me. I come home sometimes with dried up ketchup or mashed potatoes in my hair.

Soda lifted my head up and cleaned the food off my face. He finished cleaning my face and I pushed my plate away and got up from the table.

"Where you going Zay?" Ponyboy asked.

"Clothes" Is all I said. I walked down the hall and went to my bedroom. I shut the door and picked out jeans, a pink shirt and my leather jacket. It helps show that I am a greaser and that I ain't afraid of no good socs. I opened the door and went to the couch. I turned Mickey mouse on and watched.

Soda and Ponyboy walked in and Ponyboy picked me up and swung me around. I giggled and Soda laughed along. Pony threw me over to Soda and he brought me outside. Ponyboy and Darry came outside.

"Ponyboy can you walk Zay to school?" Darry asked. Soda put me down and I ran to Darry and hugged him tight.

"Yeah" Pony said. Darry and Soda got in their truck and left. I took Pony's hand and we walked down the road to school.

"Gonna have a good day, right?"

"Yes, Pony. I always do good" I lied to him and smiled. To be honest, I am great at lying to peoples faces. The only person who can tell I am really lying is Johnny. That's how he gets me talking.  We got to school and he bent down to my level. I hugged him and  he hugged me back. I let go and ran to the playground. Pony left and walked down the road to his school. He's in grade 9, instead of 8. He's so smart for his age. I am top kid in my grade. I can even beat some 2nd graders. I sat under the slid and waited for bell to ring.

The bell rang and I walked to the doors to go inside. I bumped into Emily, the queen bee girl, she stopped and looked at me.

"Looks like we got some greasy trash" She said. I gave her a death glare and she pushed me into the door and her ring cut the side of my head, above my temple. She left inside and I got up. I walked inside and went to class. I sat at my desk in the middle of the class. I was surrounded by three boys and a girl. The boys would throw paper and garbage at me.

"Hello class" The teacher said. Here goes my very boring day at school. Half way through the day, the boys started to call and whisper names into my ear. Like Greaser girl, Girl everyone hates, Has no friends. I finally got up and turned to him and gave him a smirk. I tackled him to the ground and punched him. I gave him a black eye, the other two boys joined in and they punched me in the jaw and the eye.

"Enough all of you" The teacher said and she pulled me away from the three of them. The girls got up and went to help the boys. I walked out of the class and sat outside on my own. I sat there all afternoon, didn't go to the nurses office for help. I just let blood run down my face and onto my clothes. I ruined my shirt, no longer pink. It's pink and bright red. The hallway's flooded with people and I waited until everyone left. One boy stopped and looked at me. He sat down next to me and put his thumb over my cut.