Sick

Soda's POV

We all just came in the house from chasing after Zay. She's not herself and she said some things I had no idea about. I am holding her tight so she doesn't leave the house and nothing happens to her. We're all in here watching over closely, except for Two-bit who is eating cake and watching Mickey. I looked over at the others, they all have worried faces. I am worried about her too. She's never like this, I am just as surprised as the others are with her attitude and how she's acting.

"Soda she's starting to fall asleep" Pony said.

"Good" I looked down at her and she's trying to keep her eyes open and can't. She finally shut her eyes and she was out like a light. I realised her from my arms and set her down beside me on the couch and she didn't move or make a sound. I find that very odd, she never sleeps still or never talks when you touch her.

"Johnny, you can tell us now" Dal said.

"Okay, she said that everyone at school bullies her. She said she picks fights at school. She never eats lunch at school either. Boys were making fun of her in class today and she beat them up. This morning a girl pushed her into the doors after Pony left." Johnny said.

"She said all that to you?" Darry said. I am shocked to hear that that is was she actually said. I mean I had no idea that all this was happening. She even told us that she eats at school. She says school is fine and all this time she lied to us all.

"Yeah, I know when she lies. She does a good job too"

"How did she learn how to fight like that?" Pony asked.

"I don't know, but she's good for a 7 year old and her words. My god are they big" Dal said.

"Yeah, but we gotta straighten her out when she wakes up" Darry said. I sat back and looked over at the tv and watched Mickey with Two-bit and the others. Zay hasn't moved yet or made a sound. Weird, something really is wrong and we gotta help. Even though she'll push us away.

"Soda look at her" Pony said and he started to panic. I looked at her and her breathing went from slow to very fast and she was sweating like crazy too. Darry left and grabbed her asthma machine. She use to have real bad asthma when she was younger and it stopped awhile ago. He came  back and put the mask on her face. He turned the machine on.I walked into the kitchen and made sandwiches for anyone who wanted any. Of course the guys all dug in and ate some. Johnny brought one back and gave it to Zay. She took it and looked at it. She just observed it.

"What are you doing?" Pony asked.

"Looking to see no one did anything to it." She said.

"Why would someone do something to your sandwich?" Dal asked.

"No reason. I tired" She said. I got up and picked her up. I walked down the hall and brought her to her bedroom. I put her down and pulled up the covers. I turned the lights off and left. I walked back out and sat next to Ponyboy on the couch. We just talked most of the afternoon. I fell asleep when they watched a movie.