Chapter 30

Katniss's POV

I groaned, almost screamed at her, as Venia tightened my already tight enough white wedding dress. The white lace itched as it pinched at my skin when I moved. I don’t think I have hated dresses any more than I do right now. I held my breath, trying to see if that would help the tightness.

"Sorry!" Venia squeaked. Her, Flavius, and Octavia kept talking about whatever came out of their squeaky mouths while tightening my dress and fixing my hair and makeup and about a million other things.  Finally, finished with what, the sixth dress? I am not sure anymore. I have gone through so much today, I can’t think straight or remember what I did yesterday or just a few hours ago.

When I tried them on with Peeta two weeks ago, they were not this tight. Maybe because I didn't tighten them last time?

I know I promised Prim I would wait until she got home from school at around three to try the new dresses on, but Effie ordered us to get to work as soon as she came through the door before noon. Prim would be home any minute now. They had dresses for her to try on. Of course. Her and my mother would be part in my wedding too. The wedding I didn't want to go this way.

Cinna positioned me sitting down and my dress scattered on the floor, there was a thin, rubbery paper underneath me to not dirty the dresses and shoes. Flashes went off. More moving around, fixing my hands and face and dress. Flashes. More moving. Flashes again. Then a new dress, makeup, hair do, shoes, again. And again and again.

They were almost done with this one when Prim walked in. She dropped her things immediately and ran over to me to help loosen my dress. It helped me breathe better.

I thanked her quietly before Cinna stood me up this time without any elegant shoes. The dresses covered the shoes anyway, what was the point of wearing them? They took Prim to a room and put on a dress, I had to wait for her. After, they put us both on the rubbery paper, our dresses mixing together. One white and the other pink. The cameraman took a picture. My prep team moved our hands from holding each other's side by side to sitting back to back and facing away.

I liked taking photos with Prim. It was much more enjoyable then being alone with my screaming prep team. I wished Peeta wasn’t as lonely as I now. I know his pain.

"Last dress," my prep team whimpered. Prim's dresses went much faster than mine since she didn't need makeup, her dresses fit better and her hair was easier to style than my clumpy, destroyed hair.

As I finally say my goodbyes to my prep team and Effie and the cameramen walking away with everything after cleaning up, I welcomed Peeta into my warm home.

"Hello, Katniss," he shivered. I closed the door and he kissed my lips.

"Hi, Peeta, how was your photo shoot?" I asked.

"Fine. And yours?"

"As well fine, bustling and crazy, but fine.”

"It was fun! I loved the blue dress! Oh! And the pink one with all the sparkles!" Prim explained. I smiled and sat down with Peeta right by me and his arm around my shoulder as she told us what she liked about each dress and what she didn’t like. Prim made the whole thing seem about half as bad as I complained it to be.

My mother, after a while of talking, got Prim to quiet down when she said that Prim was to help make dinner. Prim was sad she couldn’t share anymore, but knew what my mother meant. I was grateful. Prim hugged me and let me talk to Peeta without the prying eyes and ears of my family. I waited until my mother and Prim were busy enough in the kitchen not to notice. Then I took Peeta up to my room.

I had left the window a bit open from last night. Peeta and I slept in our own homes last night, just for the photo shoot. So we wouldn’t complain in the morning about leaving the other but already be apart and half as antagonized.

Peeta smiled and slipped his shoes off, kicking both them and the door behind him. My feet were killing me from the heels. Effie gave me about five inch heels to wear with each dress, Cinna occasionally let me take them off but Effie or one of my prep team would make me put them back on. It wasn't so fun. I laid on my bed with Peeta's arms around me. I wouldn't mind staying like this for a while, or for a long while, or forever. The little cold entering my room, made Peeta and I grow closer. The smell of snow around roaming the air. I definitely liked this.

*

Author’s Note:

Ugh, ugh, ugh by jez called ugh

Keep reading guys!

~Jez xo