09: Ocean Eyes

*Your POV *

"Hey..." Someone was whispering. The voice belonged to someone with an Irish accent- there's only one person it could be.

"(Y/N)..." The voice continued in sing-song. "Wake up and put on your bathing suit!" I slowly sat up in bed. Jack, who had just his head through the door, walked into my room, dressed in a YouTube shirt, black cargo shorts, and a huge smile.

"Where-where are we going?" I asked. I groggily stood up and went to my closet. I heard Jack's muffled voice from outside,

"We... soon. All...beach." The beach! Who doesn't love the beach? I poked my head out of my closet.

"The beach? Sweet! Throw me those sunglasses, I'll be ready before you can say Septiceye Sam sang seven sweet sonnets to serenade seventy sorry satyrs." I laugh as Jack's eyes widen, and I go back into my closet. I smile to myself, proud that I came up with that on the spot.

"Sam sang what?" I just giggled.

*Time Skip*

When we arrived at the beach, I couldn't help but think that today was the perfect day. It was early, so the sun wasn't too strong, the water was warm, and the sand was perfect. Everyone was here, so we all set up our towels near this gazebo and got ready to get into the perfect water. Somehow, I was the last one to undress and get into the water, so I decided to make my entrance dramatic.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Marzia yell. "Do a dramatic beach run!" I smiled, intending to make this as cliché as possible. I flip my hair as I step into the sunlight. I flash a huge smile as I run down the beach, twirling and leaping in as slow of motion as possible. I hit the waves ankles first. Foam from the water sprays up and glistens in the sun, framing me in a ring of sparkles. I walk the rest of the way out to where my friends were, sashaying as much as possible and ending in an exaggerated model pose. Everyone was cracking up, cheering and laughing their heads off. Jack looked at me, his eyes glistening. My cheeks heated up to a temperature that could rival the sun, and I swam out to meet everyone.

"Hey, let's play Chicken!" Wade suggested. Everyone cheered, and we decided teams- Mark and Bob , Molly and Wade, Felix and Marzia, Me and Jack. Me and Jack would be going against Felix and Marzia first, Me and Marzia on top. We both climb onto the shoulders of the guys, who are yelling encouragement. Me and Marzia face off, a few yards in between us.

"READY?" Bob yells. Everyone joins in-

"One- Two- Three- GO! Jack and Felix rush toward each other, and Marzia and I immediately go for it, kicking, arms flailing and laughing. At one point, Marzia tries to reach out and push me over, but I grab the hand that was extended and push it back. Marzia fell backward, and Felix drags her up from the water, laughing. I pump my hands in the air, victorious. Me and Jack are yelling, making a commotion and just honestly crying with laughter.

"Who's ready to take on the dream team?" I asked jokingly.

"I'll do it!" Mark called out as he climbed onto Bob's shoulders. Of course he would... I leaned down and whispered to Jack,

"He's going to try to push me on top of you, so be ready, 'kay?" Jack nodded, which wasn't easy for him to do with me on his shoulders. I faced off with Mark, who seemed a little too excited...

"Ready? ThreetwooneGO!" Molly yelled. With a war-like cry, Bob ran toward me and Jack. I thought I was ready, but somehow, Mark jumped off of Bob's shoulders, grabbed my shoulders, and pushed me off of Jack's shoulders. I heard everyone yelling as Mark and I flew through the air and were swallowed by the ocean swell... Lucky we were out in deeper water. Over everyone, I could hear Bob screaming Victory... And he was supposed to be the quiet one! I had an idea, though...

I thrashed around under Mark's grasp for a little, turning onto my stomach. He let go of me eventually, and I heard him resurface and cheer. I let myself float below the surface, just out of sight of my friends. I hear Mark say,

"(Y/N)?" I don't reply, but an ocean swell comes along and pushed me a little deeper- just deep enough so I can swim without being noticed. I open my eyes and swim quietly over to Mark, who couldn't see me underwater.

*Jack's POV*

"Where did she go?" I asked. "That ocean swell was huge!"

"I don't know." Mark said, looking around. "She probably-" Mark's sentence ended abruptly as he was pulled under the water. I hear him thrashing around, and then someone breaks the surface- (Y/N), smiling widely as she flipped her hair out of her face.

"Ha-ha, Bob, where's your victory now? Mark and I both went under!" I smile, and join in everyone's laughter. Mark resurfaces and mocks (Y/N) by flicking water out of his hair, smiling.

"Okay, (Y/N). You got me good." People turned to look as me, (Y/N), Molly, Wade, Felix, Marzia, Bob, and Mark erupted in laughter. The beach was so much fun, and we spent literally all day there, eating under the gazebo, swimming, laughing, and just having a good time. When we got home, no one was tired, but it was dark, so Marzia suggested that we all go and stargaze on the deck. Everyone loved that idea, so we all showered and dressed in our pajamas, grabbed blankets, and searched for constellations for a while. It was so much fun, and I couldn't be happier. When everyone went off to bed, (Y/N) and I ran up to the third floor. When we got to our room, she told me she had an idea...

"Jack, you want to bring our mattresses down to the deck? We can-"

"Sleep out there?" I finished. "That'd be awesome. No, Boss-ome!" We laughed as we brought the mattresses to the deck and set them near the railing, away from the door. We sat up and talked for an hour more, breathing in the fresh air and enjoying each other's company. Just before we fell asleep, I heard (Y/N) take a deep breath, and sigh contentedly.

"What?" I asked. She rolled over on her mattress, smiled at me, and simply said,

"I chose the right night to have a good idea. Goodnight, Jackarooney." She then closed her perfect eyes and relaxed, her breathing immediately becoming even.

"Goodnight, (Y/N).... I love you." Whispering that last part, I turned over, and with a happy sigh, I fell asleep.