Chapter 3

Walking down the footpath, Zoe grabbed her phone and started to type out a text to Max, telling him she was sorry, but due to an unforeseen change of plans, she wouldn't be able to get his jumper to him. Not a minute later he texted back.

No probs Zo-bug. Hope everything's ok. Miss u. Love u.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach, he never ceased to make her feel loved and cherished. Smiling, she typed back an 'I love u 2' but before she could press send, the phone was snatched out of her fingertips from behind. Whipping around, she saw the prince holding her phone, examining the screen. Her hands fisted at hips and her eyes narrowed, as he scrutinized the phone.

"Really? You've got your boyfriend's name in your contacts as 'Boyfriend XXX'?"

"Give me back my phone Your Highness" she pointed a glare at him.

"And he calls you Zo-bug? How old are you, thirteen?"

"I was thirteen when he gave me the name, now give me back my phone Your Highness!"

"Nope. I don't think I will"

"Stop being an idiot and give it back"

He just shook his head and grinned. Fine you wanna play it that way? So be it, she thought. With a sudden burst of movement she reached to grab it, but the prince was too fast. He whipped his arm up and held it above his six foot frame, waving her phone in the air, laughing. For all she knew, her phone could have been a bird for how high it was. Hating herself for it, she swallowed her embarrassment and dignity and started jumping for it. Her arms were only just grazing his elbows. Argh! This is so humiliating, she cried to herself. Everyone on the sidewalk was staring at them. Maybe I should pinch him or knee him in his crown jewels or something. Zoe snickered at her own pun. He's a prince, and his crown jewels. Get it? Hahah. Crown jewels. No? Oh well, she thought it was funny.

Seeing her snicker at her own thoughts, he frowned and lowered the phone the slightest bit. She took the opportunity and lunged for it, but he whipped it away again, laughing.

"Look I'll make you a deal, my short friend" he teased.

"I'm not that short, it just seems that way to a mountain like you" she muttered.

Ignoring her, he went on.

"You promise to call me Sam and not 'Your Highness' or anything similar, and you'll get your phone back."

What was it with this guy and deals? She thought. Obviously seeing the resentment in her eyes, he sighed.

"It'll also help with our disguise. We'll draw weird looks if people see you calling me Your Highness, especially when they discover that the prince is no longer at the palace. Besides, they're already looking at us weirdly, we don't want to draw any more attention to ourselves, now do we?" he reasoned. Seeing that he was indeed right- the few patrons on the quiet footpath, were looking at them- and knowing it was the only way to get her phone back she groaned in defeat.

"Fine, whatever. Just hand it over"

"Hand it over who?"

"Hand it over...Sam"

Smiling satisfied, he reached out to hand it back to her, when an idea popped into his head. Grinning like a lunatic, he slid her phone into his front pants pocket.

"Hey! You said you'd give it to me!" she spluttered

"No, I said, you'd get it back, never said how or when you'd get it back. You want your phone? Come get it" he crossed his arms over his chest smugly. She looked at the location of her phone. No way was she fishing in his pocket anywhere near there.