Chapter Twenty-Three: The Fire Beneath My Feet Is Burning Bright.

EDITED

Title of chapter from: Story of My Life by One Direction

-Felicity .x

~*~

Chapter Twenty-Three: The Fire Beneath My Feet Is Burning Bright.

EMILY

"Hi Perrie, Emily! Like the hair," Niall noted, pointing at Perrie's newly bleached hair. "You dye it too much. One day it's all gonna fall out, Baldie."

Perrie looked miffed. "I'm not the only one with dyed hair here!" She stared pointedly at myself and Niall.

"Mine is only highlights," I held up my hands in surrender. Perrie turned to Niall.

"I only bleach mine once every three months, you can see my roots, look." Sure enough, long dark hair was buried under his fading blonde tips.

"Are you girls done gossiping about hair?" Harry demanded, the lobes of his ears red with the
bitter cold in the football stadium. "Because had you noticed, the game has started."

"Oh! What number is Louis?" I craned my head to see over the giraffe necked people that had taken it upon themselves to sit in front of me.

"28, I think, but you'll see him."

"Found 'im," Perrie remarked, pointing mid field at a feathery haired man jogging around the pitch, in black shorts and a loose fitting green and white shirt with "Tomlinson" over, as predicted, the number 28.

"He's fit," Perrie commented, eyes widening slightly. "A very fit footballer. Hold onto that one, Em."

"Keep to Zayn," I scoffed, nudging her. "Niall, what's happening?"

"A free kick for the Rovers. Louis' receiving it, look."

We stood up and cheered loudly as Louis stopped the ball with his head and raced down the pitch, dribbling quickly toward the Rovers goal. I could hear the distinct screech of the Directioners that had bought tickets to see Louis play and I was busy smiling at their dedication when Perrie shrieked.

"Louis!"

My eyes darted back to the field. He'd been tackled and fell to the floor, his knee landing in a rather unnatural position. The whistle had blown and the offensive (or rather, defensive) tackler had a hand on Louis' back with concern.

My jaw fell open as I took in the sight of Louis crouched on the floor, his knee tucked under him and writhing in pain. I caught sight of his face, his face scrunched up in agony and I stood up.

Ignoring Niall's calls, I made my way toward the steps and bolted down them, almost tripping and face planting more than once.