Chapter 21

Sarah's POV
Later i walk into the training room to find Manus giving Alec the results from the forsaken, "-it's like my whole life has been a lie. I've done everything my parents for my parents, for the Clave, I've done everything they asked", Alec says, "maybe you should start living for yourself", Magnus says, "do what's in your heart", "can't believe I am saying this but your right", Alec says, he sees me and smiles. "Hey", he says walking over to me, "don't your sweaty", I say backing up breaking into a run before Alec catches me picking me up and squeezing me, I notice Lydia and Maryse standing near us but I didn't care at the moment, "eww, Alec", I say when he lets go of me, he chuckles, "great, now I have to take a shower. I advise you take one too", I say, he goes to hug me again but I push him back, "go, now or no kisses for a week", I say sternly, Alec pouts, "seriously", he says, "Alexander, go", I say sternly, he walks away. Isabelle walks up to me laughing, "blackmail, I have taught you well", she says, "well what do you expect your brother is the most stubborn person ever, now if you'll excuse me I have to shower", I say walking away.

Later after taking a shower I walk into the lab where Isabelle was working at the computer, "nephilum", I hear her mutter to herself as she looks into the microscope, "what", I ask startling her, "sorry", I say, "Sarah, look this forsaken has angel blood", she says motioning me over, I look inside the microscope to find traces of angel blood, Isabelle goes over to the body and stares at it before her eyes went wide, "oh my god", she says. She runs out the room with me trailing behind, we run into the training room to find Hodge snapping the neck of a forsaken and Alec lying on the ground in pain, "Alec", I gasp running to his side, "you ok", Isabelle asks dropping to his side, Alec groans holding his shoulder which was bleeding, I help Alec sit up slowly, his face was scrunched up in pain, he cried out, "shh, don't move too much", I say rubbing his other shoulder, "come on let's get this checked out", I say as me and Isabelle help him to his feet. We walk to the infirmary, where we sit him on the bed, I go and draw a healing rune on his back as he squirms, "stop squirming", I say, "I'm not", he responds, "doesn't even hurt". Just then his phone rang, "no talking just healing", Isabelle says taking the phone and walking out, "there all better", I say finishing wrapping Alec's wound in a bandage. I sit beside him, "thank you", he says leaning his head on my shoulder while clutching his injured arm, "no problem, i love you and I hate to see you injured", I say, "I love you too", he says.

We walk to the main room to see Magnus using his magic to increase the wards on the institute, "are the wards solid now, nothing will get through", Robert says walking towards us, "even my magic has limits", Magnus says, "the wards won't hold off that forsaken attack, but my protection will slow them down", "extra time is priceless", Robert says, "say that after you get my bill", Magnus says, "Lydia will take care of that", Robert says walking away. "A forsaken attack will often need a little TLC, may I free of charge", Magnus asks referring to Alec's injuries, "it's ok Sarah did a good job with it, plus I'm fine", Alec says, "if anything were to happen-", "Magnus, I'm good", Alec says cutting him off, "we gotta-", "go of course you two are busy Shadowhunters. I better find this Lydia person, payment up front is good business, where might I find her", Magnus asks, "I haven't seen her but if I do I'll send her your way", Alec replies, as he walks away.

Just then Isabelle's sealie boyfriend walks in with two Shadowhunter guards, "Meliord", Isabelle asks getting up from the computer chair, "what are you doing here", I ask, Meliord smiles slightly at me since I am quite close with him since he was Isabelle's boyfriend, "the Clave called me in for some kind of meeting", he says, Isabelle hugs him, "I'm so happy to see you", she says, "spare me, your fire message clearly stated you never wanted to see me again", he says, "Meliord she only said that because her family despises Downworlders, doesn't mean that she does", I say trying to reason with him, "well I'm not here to talk about me and Isabelle", he says. "I believe that's your clave envoy", he says looking behind us, we turn to see Lydia and two Shadowhunters behind her, "Isabelle, Sarah please step aside. Meliord, the clave is ordered that you are to be placed under arrest", Lydia says making the three of us gasp, "what for", Isabelle asks, "keeping state secrets from a Shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morganstine, guards", Lydia says motioning for the guards who take Meliord out of the institute. "Have you lost your mind", I snap at Lydia before walking to my room, I start punching the bag I have in my room in anger, "what's wrong", I hear, I stop and look at Alec, "the clave arrested Isabelle's boyfriend", I say sighing, "Meliord was a friend of mine I'm scared for him and for isabelle", I say, "look, the clave may have a point in arresting him, sealies have sided with Valentine who knows what Meliord is keeping from you and Isabelle", he says, I look at him in shock, "look I know you follow the clave's orders and I love you for that but are you agreeing with Lydia. Alec this is your sister we are talking about", I snap, "I know", was all he said, "do you really Alexander", I snap shutting the door in his face, I can't believe him right now.