Chapter 18

Sarah's POV
The next day me and Alec walk into the main room, "hello you two, have fun last night", Isabelle says, "we didn't do anything, we went to help Magnus with Luke then we came back and went to sleep that's all", Alec says walking away from us, Isabelle chuckles, "what", Alec says turning around, "nothing", she say as we walk up to him, "I believe you", she says trying to hide the smile on her face. "All we did was make out", Alec says, "nothing else happened", I say, "ok but if Sarah becomes pregnant I'm here", Isabelle says turning to walk away, "like that's going to happen", I say at the same time Alec says, "I do talk to you", "about everything but your personal life excluding Sarah, she's my Parabiti. You know it's kinda not fair because I tell you everything for example, I broke up with Meliord", Isabelle says, "really turning over a new leaf", Alec says sarcastically, "he was a bit much, apparently I need someone more shadowhunterish like you two", she says, "Izzy I realized that you are trying to take some of the family heat and I appreciate it but you can change who you are", Alec says turning to walk away, "really and you can", she says as we follow him, "I know who I am, I'm the guy who is about to get disowned when dad finds out that Jace and Clary are still out looking for the cup", Alec says, "I think Robert's used to that by now, this is my brother your talking about", I say, "he said he'd be an hour, it's been three", Alec says, "you don't think he and Clary are..", Isabelle trails off at the suggestion, "at a time like this, not possible", Alec says walking away from us. "Him and Jace really need to work things out", I say to Isabelle watching Alec walk away, "totally but knowing my brother he is too stubborn to", Isabelle says, "I know and my brother is too reckless for his own god", I responds as we walk down the hall.

Later Alec collects me and Isabelle because Jace called for backup, we get to the police station to see the two walk out, "someone call for backup", Isabelle says, "yeah what took you guys so long", Jace says, "funny I was going to ask you the same thing", Alec snaps, "it's complicated", Jace says making me and Alec snort, "we found the cup", Clary says, "The Cup", I ask, "yeah but then we lost it, we have to sneak back into the station to get it", Clary says, "this is a disaster", Alec says crossing his arms, "hey demon pox is a disaster this is an inconvenience", Jace says, "we need a plan that's all", "what about glamor", Isabelle asks, "we tried there are Downworlders there, they will see through us", Jace says, "can't Magnus portal us", Clary ask, "Magnus can only portal to places he has been", I say as Clary's phone rings. "Give me a sec, Simon this must be important", Clary says walking away from us, Jace goes over and takes the phone from Clary which hung up Simon, "Simon's little problem can wait, I have a great plan", Jace says, "that's a first", I say making him glare at me, "just follow my lead", he says, "hey before or after we get in trouble", I call, "shut up Sarah", Jace snaps, I shrug, "oh and in my plan no one gets slapped", Jace says making me laugh, "what", Isabelle asks, "I bet Clary slapped him in the face", I say calming down, "I panicked", nClary says, "good going about time my brother got a slap in the face", I say.

After learning Jace's plan me, Alec and Isabelle follow our part of the plan, we see an officer at the desk, "Sarah you going to take this", Isabelle asks as I see that the officer is Male, "what about you, your distracting days are over", I joke, Alec looked jealous, "relax babe I'm just distracting", I say kissing his cheek before walking over to the man. "Hey there", I say flashing my cleavage, he looks at me with lust, "what can I do for you", he stutters, "what's a big boy like you working a petty desk job like this", I say flirtatiously, "well maybe I can tell my superior I'm on break and you can I can have some fun", he says, I swipe the card from his desk and toss it to Isabelle who catches it as she and Alec were walking down the hall, "sorry buddy but I'm taken", I say walking away to the two.

Me and Isabelle make it to the control room before drawing a rune that made the power go out in the station which signals Clary and Jace before meeting back with Alec, we run outside where we meet up with Clary and Jace. "Did you get it", Alec asks, "theoretically", Clary says, "theoretically I found the card I just need to figure out how to take the cup out of the card", Clary says, "can't you jump pull it out", Alec asks, "it's not as easy as it looks Alec", Clary grits, "look you two can discuss theories later but right now we just stole the cup and I suggest we get out of here", I say, "guys", Isabelle says as her necklace glows, "I think the mundanes might be the least of our worries", "at least the necklace works", Alec says, "never a dull day, let's go", I say. We start to walk away, "guys slow down", Clary calls from behind us, just then Clary bumps into an old lady, "oh I am so sorry", she says, just then tentacles come out, "grandma", I say stabbing the demon with my blade making it turn to ash, "how could they find us", Alec says, "looks like she brought friends", Jace says as we start to speed walk away from the shape shifters, "how could you tell", Clary asks, "seeing through a glamour, you have to pay attention to details", Jace says, "I can't see anything", Clary says, "behind us", I say as we keep walking, "I still can't see the-", she stops mid sentence when we see a demon coming for us, "ok there is too many people", Clary says, "I don't say this too often but I agree with Clary", Alec says, "ditto", I respond, "we gotta get out of here". "Hey this way", Clary says directing us to a set of stairs, we run down the stairs to a door, "what's the unlock rune again", Clary asks, Jace kicks the door down, "open sesame", Jace says making me smirk at Clary's reaction.

we head inside to the boiler room, me and Alec reveal our bows, "hey what are you doing", Jace says, "holding them off me and Sarah can handle it", Alec says, "take Clary back to the institute", I say, "if your staying I'm staying", Jace says, "don't be stupid if the demons get the cup we are dead, plus I have Sarah with me", Alec says, "I'm not leaving anyone behind", Jace says, "you don't have a choice", I say, "I know you guys are having a moment but we need to go", Clary says, "don't worry, it's not like it's the first time Alec or Sarah saved your life, doubt it will be the last", Isabelle says, "go", me and Alec says making Jace follow the girls.