Chapter 13

Sarah's POV
We follow Magnus into a room where Clary was finishing a pentagram. "Jocelyn was right your artistry is beyond compare", Magnus says, "I don't know about that", Clary says sheepishly, which still angered me that we were helping some unknown girl who was Valentine's daughter, "the only other person I know who was this good was Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed I might add", Magnus says giving a suggestive glance to Alec making my blood boil even more, Alec just takes my hand and squeezes it, "ok everyone take your place on the pentagram but remember once the demon is among us you must not let go of each other's hand", Magnus says, Alec holds out his hand to me which I grab feeling a serge of power, I grab Isabelle's hand feeling the same thing, then she grabs Clary who grabs Jace who grabs Alec's other hand. "I will lead the ceremony from out here, the demons name is Valak and at some point he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories", Magnus says, "what payment", I ask, "we will see", Magnus says, he begins chanting in the demon language as we look around, Isabelle's necklace starts glowing indicating the demon is close. A black most forms in the centre making it hard to hold on to Alec, he grabs on tighter, "Valak is among us, he will require a memory of the one we love the most", Magnus shouts, it starts with Isabelle showing a picture of her mom, next it's me showing a picture of Alec on his 16th birthday, next was Alec showing a picture of me on my 16th birthday, next it was Jace but what surprised me was it was a picture of Clary, "no", Jace screams, "don't let go of the bond", Jace didn't listen and he let go of my hand setting the demon free, Magnus tried to use his magic to stop it as it got a hold of Alec, "Alec", I says grabbing his arm trying to pull him away from the demon, Jace and Isabelle helps me, Clary pulls out her blade, "Clary if you kill the demon your memories will be lost forever", Magnus screams, Clary looks like she is in debate before going over and stabbing the demon making it burst into ash dropping Alec. I run to his side, "come on Alec wake up, please Alec wake up", I cry into my hands, "will he be ok", Clary asks, "I don't know does he usually just lie there unmoving", Magnus says, "Alec come on", Jace says, just then Alec gasps awake coughing, I notice like Magnus did that Jace slipped away before turning my attention to my boyfriend, "I'm ok", he sputters coughing, I hold him close as he rests his head on my shoulder, "I'm ok", he keeps repeating as I rub his back. "There is nothing to be ashamed of", I hear Magnus say to Jace, "I don't know what your talking about", Jace responds, "thank god your ok, for a second there I thought we lost you", I say pulling away from Alec, "and how many times have I saved your life", Alec responds out of breath, "good point", I say.

~Time Skip~

We get back to the institute as I help Alec to his room, "Sarah I'm fine", he says groaning, "I don't care you almost died I deserve to be worried", I say helping him lie down, "thank you", he says, "you should be thanking Clary, she was the one who killed the demon", I say, "I know", he says, "just take it easy ok, for me", I ask making a puppy dog face, "only for you", he says pulling me close to him, "night angel", he whispers in my ear as I snuggle close to him, "night my warrior", I say before drifting asleep.