Chapter Thirty-Five!(;

Start from the beginning

"Before we go in here I need to explain a few things to you. Selena is gonna be very vulnerable and emotional. She may not remember anything right away and that is perfectly normal. We can't pressure her with questions. Stress could set her back and it's not healthy. Okay?" he asked. We all nodded. Sadly I think Selena already remembered more them enough. Dr. Brooks opened the door and Carmen rushed inside sobbing. "Oh god my baby!" Carmen gushed kissing Selena's forehead and hugging her. "Hey mom." Selena replied. By the way she was looking at me I could tell all she wanted were answers and I couldn't blame her because I wanted them too. I already knew Chad had done this and looking at the hurt expression on her face I wanted to rip his head off for putting her through all of this.

**Selena's POV:**

My mother gushed over me for a few minutes and David gave me a hug and kissed my forehead before the doctor started talking. "Well hello Miss Lopez I'm Dr. Brooks and I've been handling your case since you've been here." I just looked at him trying to understand what he meant. How long had I been here? "Okay well just call me Selena. How long have I been here?" I questioned trying not to cry again. "Okay Selena you've been here for seven days." he answered. I looked over at my mother crying into David's chest and then looked over at Cody. He had a sad unreadable expression on his face that made me wonder what he was thinking. I had been here for a week? A whole week like this? This had to be a joke. "Aaa week?" I stuttered. Everyone looked at me and nodded including Dr. Brooks.  

A half an hour later Dr. Brooks had explained mostly everything to me but held back on the details to spare my feelings, I would get Cody to tell me later. I found out I had multiple fractures and had been through a few surgeries including brain surgery. I really didn't wanna hear anymore I just wanted to spend some time with Cody and try not to think about this whole thing. "So later on today when your up to it I wanna run some tests to make sure everything is okay alright?" Dr. Brooks asked. I nodded figuring I didn't have much of a choice, moving my head made it pound and I reached up to touch it. "Yes your head may be sore for a few more days due to the surgery and trauma. On a good note right now it doesn't seem like you have any permanent damage to your head which is great. Do you have anymore questions?" he asked. I nodded. "Umm yeah you said I needed a blood transfusion. Where did you find a match?" I asked really curious. My doctor always used to tell me to pray I never needed blood since my blood type was so hard to find. "Well you are very lucky that your young man is a match and was willing to donate." Dr. Brooks answered. My eyes went wide and I looked over at Cody. I couldn't believe he would do something like that for me. In my mind we had only been dating a few hours since this whole week was almost completely blank. He really was an amazing boyfriend and an even better person.  

Dr. Brooks checked my vital signs before calling in some pain medication. The pain I was in was almost unbearable but I tried my best not to show it. I didn't want everyone worrying any more about me. When the doctor left my room my mother came back over to me and sat down on the side of my bed. "Are you sure your alright sweetie?" she asked looking at me. "Yes mom I'm fine just trying to process this whole thing." She nodded and kissed my forehead again. By just looking at her I could tell she was tired. She had dark bags under her eyes and she yawned like every two seconds. "Mom really I'm awake and I'm gonna be fine. You and David look horrible. Go home and get some rest. I'll be alright I promise." She sighed. "Baby I don't wanna leave you. You just woke up and I don't want you to be alone." I shook my head ignoring the pain it caused. "Mom please. I can bet my life that you haven't left this hospital all week and that you haven't slept in days. Go home and rest. I'll be here when you get back. I'm not going anywhere. Please ma for me? It'll make me feel better." I begged. "Honey she's right. Come on we can both use a shower and some rest. We can come back later on." David said. "I can stat with her." Cody chimmed in. I smiled. "See no more excuses so go on and go home." She finally caved and agreed to go home for a while. She and David both deserved some time to relax.