Broken- Chapter 39

"I was ten when I'd first truly met our father. He came to my house looking like the perfect father, bright smile, caring aura, he had it all. He sweet talked me, gave me gifts, made me believe he was a hero. After a couple months I began to see the world for what it truly was.

They argued almost every night, my mother no longer looked happy, the bills on the table began to pile up. I knew we were going down hill fast but he never let me truly believe that. Then one day, he just stopped coming.

There was quiet finally, the bills disappeared, and my mother slowly began to look better. As I grew up, I discovered that he was taking money from my mother to support your family. I hated you for a long time but I eventually came to terms with the fact that you probably didn't even know we existed."

I took a moment to digest what he'd said. Could my father have truly used his mother like that?

"And then I heard what you'd been put through." I snapped my head up to look at him. His eyes held an emotion I couldn't quite place as he gave me a slight smile.

"I heard about the beatings, the treatment from your pack, and the way you somehow kept a smile on your face. I then swore that I would find you, and save you from all that. That was when I had my first shift and discovered the powers that I had.

I wanted to continue my search for you but I needed to control my powers and eventually I was to late. You saved yourself. And now here I am asking you to save me too."

I held my breathe as he put his head down. I slowly placed an arm around his shoulders as he took slow, deep breathes. "I messed up. I thought I could scam a witch into finding you for me, but I angered her. She swore to make me pay with the only thing I cared about."

He looked up at me with sad eyes as tears welled in them. Me. She was coming after me. I wanted to be angry, I wanted to strangle him and send his head to that witch, but I closed my eyes to calm myself. I slowly stood as my wolf tried to get out.

"You need to go. I can't control her for much longer and I don't want to do something I'll regret later." He went to protest but quickly shut his mouth and walked out of the house, whispering an apology.

I listened to the sound of the twins laughing and playing with other children in the pack. Whoever this witch was, I was going to have to find a way to remove her debt.

-

"Mommy!"

I rushed out into the yard to see each of the kids circled around something. I gently nudged each of them away as I got to the center.

Archer was holding a bloody Sapphire as she lay limp in his arms. I felt my heart stop as he looked up at me, deep scratches lined his face and neck, as tears rushed from his eyes.

I quickly grabbed each of them, running as fast as I could to the medic building. "Sam! Sam! Help me please! My babies!" I screamed as loud as I could as I neared the building.

Sam, Jax, and Peter rushed from the building as Archer slowly closed his eyes. "No, no, no, no! Archer baby, look at mommy. Look at me. Come on baby." I cried as I watched as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

We rushed into the building and I watched as a number of pack members began hooking them up on a number of machines, shoving needles and medicine into their tiny bodies.

"Mommy. I sorry, mommy." I held Archer's hand as he whispered apologies to me. I shushed him as I placed kisses to his arms and hands.

"It's gonna be okay baby. Everything going to be just fine, okay?" I kept my tears at bay as I put a smile on my face for his sake, when I truly wanted to scream. He held onto my hands before his grip slowly went limp.