"I feel like that occasionally too. It'll pass, trust me." I comforted, and Neville smiled.

"Thanks."

"It's what I'm here for. Anyway, how's your new wand working for you?" I asked, and Neville shrugged.

"It's better. More natural, I guess."

"Good. It'll help you improve a lot, but you've already done that, haven't you?" I asked, and Neville grinned as I took a bite out of my toast, brushing my hands off. Looking around, I saw Hannah Abbott staring at Neville from across the Hufflepuff table, and I smiled knowingly. 

"I better get going, but I'll see you later, kay?" I asked, and Neville nodded as stood up and walked out the door. It was quiet out, the stars and moon peaking out of the clouds as I walked along the empty hall way, thinking. Ron was wherever, as he hadn't gotten together with Lavender yet, and Harry was with Dumbledore, and Hermione was in the library.

Sighing, I sat down on a bench, holding my  head in my hands. I had so much to get done. Why couldn't Dumbledore at least have brought me in during first year? Then I would have more time. I still had to get several horcruxes, the hardest being Nagini, Hufflepuff's cup, and Harry.

"Well, if it isn't Ms. Mudblood. You think she'd know by now it's not safe to travel by night." A voice said, and I turned to face Pansy Parkinson. Picking up my things, I stood up.

"What do you want, Parkinson?" I asked, and Pansy cackled.

"Please, what could you give me? Nothing, except maybe a broken heart. Still upset about breaking up with Draco?" Pansy pouted, and I rolled my eyes.

"Really Parkinson, that's the best you can do? You're getting weak at insults." I sighed, and Pansy sneered.

"Well isn't she so brave! So cute. When the Dark Lord takes over, I'll be begging for him to kill you and your filthy friends, maybe make an example of you. Oh, that would work, wouldn't it? A noble way to die, wouldn't that be how you put it? You're going to lose, Mudblood. And I'll make sure it hurts." She sneered, and I snorted, walking past her.

"Bye Parkinson." I said, turning the hallway and sighing. If there was ever someone to smack some sense into...

"Lily! Lily wait up!" A voice yelled, and I turned to see Lavender Brown running towards me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey Lavender. What's the matter?"

"I don't know. Professor Snape said I was to come get you. He's in his office." 

"Thanks." I said, nodding before running downstairs into the dungeons, walking into his office. Setting my bag down on one of the desks, I walked straight up to his desk.

"Ok, what?" I asked, and Snape stared at me blankly for a moment before speaking.

"Do you not realize the danger you are in?" He asked, and I blinked.

"No, why?"

"Ms. Potter, you are aware of Draco Malfoy's assignment, I believe?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Are you not aware of his second?" 

"What?" I asked, and Snape nodded.

"The Dark Lord has given a second assignment to Draco, a proof of loyalty, if you will." He said, and I wasn't starting to like what he was getting at.

"It's me, isn't it?" I asked, and Snape nodded.

"Not only has he been ordered to kill your headmaster, he has also been given instructions to dispose of you."