"Ah," he spoke, "I remember."

That's it? "I remember" is all he had to say? I had to say, I'm not sure if I was shocked or relieved that he didn't take it the wrong way.

"So uh," he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, "my car kind of ran out of gas and uh, could you give me a ride?"

His nose and cheeks were getting pink again, and I'm not sure it was because of the weather this time.

"Of course," I smiled at him.

He ran over to the passenger side of the car, locking his car again on his way there. When he sat inside, he smiled, "thanks."

"No problem," I smiled back.

I watched as he buckled his seatbelt then looked at me. I felt him examining my clothes before he said, "wow. You look great."

"As do you," I said.

"But don't you think you're going to get a little chilly in that?" He seemed concerned as his eyes came up to meet mine.

"Don't worry," I said as I reached in my back seat, "I've got the sweater you gave me."

He raised an eyebrow, "and that's going to keep you warm?"

I nodded at him but he said, "you sure? Because I can run inside quickly and get you another one if you want."

"Zayn," I smiled, "I'm fine, I promise."

He smiled back and I took that as a confirmation to start driving. "So," I said turning on to the local route, "where are we going?"

"Well," he said, "I've got a job interview."

"Really? That's great!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"Yeah, I figured it was the only way I could earn money for my flat."

"And a new car," I said.

"And a new car," he added, placing his hand on my bare leg, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

"Where are you working at?" I asked him.

"Oh, this restaurant needs an entertainer that sings every hour while people eat." He said, "it's nothing, really."

"I beg to differ," I spoke, "my first job here was cleaning the toilets at my dad's restaurant. If you ask me, I think you've landed at a pretty good shot."

He smiled, "I'll try my hardest not to blow it."

I stopped at a red light and turned to look at him, "oh, and if you don't mind, I might need to make a quick stop at Carlee's to pick her up."

"Oh yeah, of course." He said, "Your car, your rules."

I stopped at a stop sign and watched him as he checked his phone for what seemed like the third time since he stepped into the car.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He suddenly looked up, "oh, nothing. Just checking if the boss called or something. She said she wasn't so sure about timing and she'd let me know if she changed the time."

I smiled at him, "why are you so worried."

"I don't know," he sighed, "I just don't want to mess this up."

"Don't worry," I said, "Everything is going to be fine. I promise."

He breathed, "thank you, Kat. Really."

After a while, we had pulled up in front of Carlee's house and I saw her walk out the door without me having to honk my horn or text her. It wasn't until she came closer to the car when I saw Jack behind her, grinning happily.