16

You wait with your head in your hands, staring at the lit fireplace that was burning down. It was late, probably somewhere around two in the morning, and you were still waiting. This happened all the time, and frankly you were getting tired of it.

The lock finally jingles and gives an audible click. You sit up straight and turn your attention to the door of Thomas's apartment where he was walking through.

"Y/N?"

"Right here," you sigh. You wait for him to come greet you as he always did when he got home.

"Hey beautiful, sorry I'm late again." Thomas leans down and kisses you on the cheek and you give a small smile back to him. He furrows his eyebrows and notices somethings wrong. He takes a seat next to you on the couch and takes your hands in his. "What's wrong, love?"

You stare at your hands and frown. "Do you purposely stay away for this long?"

Thomas stops for a second and thinks. "I'm not sure that I know what you're getting at."

"It's like two in the morning, Thomas. You can't tell me that you're working for fifteen hours of the day, because I know that's not true. So why do you keep getting home so late?" You search his concerned eyes and wait for his reply.

"Well, I know it sounds like I'm lying, but I'm honestly working! It takes a lot of time to film a movie, Y/N." Thomas furrows his eyebrows and you shake your head.

"Don't you think I know that?" You stand and Thomas does the same. "But I've looked at your work schedule. You're supposed to be getting off at six, at the latest. So what do you do after that?"

Thomas stares you in the eyes as if he can't believe you're asking him that. "Working! I go over to Dylan's or Ki Hongs and go over lines and scenes. Trying to make this bloody movie perfect."

You shake your head. "It just feels like you're avoiding me. I haven't got to spend any real time with you in over a month. You'd rather be around them than with me."

"That's not true!" Thomas defends. "I love being with you. But I'm not the only one working on my lines here. Dylan and Ki Hong have a lot of lines too and its very time consuming."

"Well can't they work on it with someone else, or without you for just one day? I honestly feel like I'm a second choice to you. No, a third choice! Work, Dylan and Ki Hong, and then me." Your face grows hot and you look away from Thomas's angry face.

"It's my job, Y/N! I do what I have to do. Sometimes it keeps me from the people I love, and that's just the way it is. If you hate it so much, you can just leave," Thomas huffs and puts his weight on his other hip.

"Wait, what?"

"I said..." Thomas sighed "Y-You can leave."

"No...K-Keeps you from the people you love?"

Thomas paused, only now realizing what he had said.
He sighed again, trying to calm down, hoping you'd cool off a bit too.

"Look. There are only a couple more weeks left of rehearsing lines, and that'll zoom by before you know it." He kissed me on the lips....which than turned into a make out session on the couch.

So...where was I? Oh yeah, heated make out session.

I ran my hands through his clumpy hair smoothing it out a little in the process, Thomas had his hands on my waist. It was a perfect moment, until we went overboard.
We fell off the couch.
I yelped as I fell on top of Thomas's chest, our face's coming intact again, He put a finger to my lip.
"I smudged your lipstick." He chuckled

I rolled off of him, and looked him dead in the eyes.
"Look..Thomas I---" Thomas was staring at me with intrigue in his eyes, Like he desired to know what I was thinking, So I let him know.

I took a deep breath before finally saying the 4 words I had avoided with Thomas...Like every girl avoids cause they're too scared to get rejected...
"I love you too."

Aaaand we continued the make out session on the floor that morning.