R e n

Chapter 17: Crushes•

"Let me walk you to your home." Ren suggested as she opened the coffee shop's door for Elaine. Elaine faintly smiled at the idea but then shook her head from side to side as she got out.

"No, it's okay. You don't have to do that." Ren quickly ran to her side and began walking at the same speed with Elaine.

There was no way she would let Elaine walk to her home alone. That was not what Ren was like. She learned her manners from the bests, she supposed. It was one of the dark humour jokes only she would understand. Neverthless, she wasn't taking no for an valid answer.

"Elaine I insist. I can't let a girl walk alone to her home." Her eyes found the shy girl's face and saw the conflict in her eyes. Then of course, Ren's eyes betrayed her and she couldn't help but to lower her gaze to the other girl's clothes.

Let alone a girl like you, she wanted to mumble.

It was unbelievable how the girl could look that good with the casual over-sized clothes she was wearing. Her jeans looked couple size bigger than she was and her t-shirt was definetly from the men section. Big and loose.

Ren's mind couldn't wrap the idea of how she could even look good with those clothes. The only thing she knew for sure was letting Elaine walk out of the topic.

She couldn't even see her curves (if she had any) but was immensely attracted to her. Thinking about the perverts on the street looking at her like a meat boiled Ren's heart to a point she didn't understand why she cared so much.

"What?" Shit. Did she say something by accident? Did she tell her how she still managed to look appealing with the crappie outfit? Not that she would ever use the word crappie but...

"Nothing. You were telling me about your drawings, more accurately, when you first started." Ren tried to go along with the former topic.

Fortunately, Elaine seemed to forget whatever happened in instant as her face lightened with the thoughts of drawing.

It was adorable.

"Right." She smiled. "I have been drawing since I could hold a pencil I guess." Ren laughed at the image of a toddler Elaine trying to draw. She must have been hell of a cute as a baby. Lucky parents.

"That's cute. The struggle I mean." Elaine rolls her eyes but smiles in the end.

"Shut up." She mumbles mixed with a giggle as she looks around. Ren on the other just stares at the girl next to her.

Her laugh seems to have that effect on Ren: silencing everything around her. Her heart beat seemed to increase dramaticly at the sound of the golden melody dripping from Elaine's lips.

Her hair seemed a softer kind of auburn. Ren had never realized it before untill now. Some dark browns were fading in harmony with the lighter strands yet. A perfect frame for perfect features.

She continued to stare, admiring. She saw the slight slope of her small nose, how it connected with her plump, bold-pink lips. She saw glimpses of dimples whenever she smiled or sometimes talk. She saw the random freckles across her nose and some under her eyes; the way her lashes curled naturally, unlike many.

It was inevitable, she then thought.

"What?" Elaine snapped Ren back to reality with her voice. Ren didn't know if she even said something while she spaced out. She was still under the trance of Elaine. With her eyes wide open, she blinked a few times.