Moving day

DISCLAIMER: hi so this is me in 2019 just letting you know that this book is total shit that i wrote when i was 13 three years ago and it's horrible and i'm sorry lmao. i'm putting it up again because it's my most read fic and y'all still seem to like it for some reason. sorry for the word vomit below but you'll probably still enjoy it oof. please read my newer stuff to see that i'm not a total dumbass lol okay bye

Maya's point of view
I wake up in the morning to the sound of my cell phone's alarm. I unlock it and turn it off. I look at the clock, noticing that it's 7:30 am. I groan as I roll off of my queen size bed. I have my new roommate coming in a half an hour, crap... I need to get dressed. My German Shepard cocoa wags his tail as I walk into the kitchen of my New York apartment, cocoa whining for food. I pour kibble into his bowl and as soon as I set it down he rushes over and devours it. I speed walk into my bathroom, and get out my blue toothbrush, almost nocking over the cup it was in. As I brush, I notice how messy my hair is. Fuck. I look for my brush, toothbrush in mouth, spit out my toothpaste and begin to tear away at my rat's nest of a hairdo.

20 minutes later I emerge from the bathroom, wearing a pink Floyd tee, skinny jeans, and a flannel shirt tied around my waist. I have a bit of makeup on, and my hair is tied into a ponytail and curled. I have about ten minutes, so I get out my sketchbook and work on a piece that I've started. Cocoa jumps onto my couch with me as I sketch away, curling up next to me. I feel so proud that I can make a living doing something I love so much, that I've loved ever since I was a kid. My art is so important to me.

Minutes later, I hear a nock on the door. "Coming!" I say as I carefully set down my art, putting it in a place that can't be reached by cocoa. I wonder who my roommate is, I think. I've only spoke with him over the phone, but we came to an agreement that if I don't like him I can kick him out. He seemed kind though. I open the door, and have to look up to see the man's face, due to him being what seems like 6'0, and me being 5'0. I'm hoping to keep growing. Hey, I'm only 20! As I look  to him, I see a handsome man wearing a red flannel and jeans. He looks familiar...
"Hey! So you're the new roommate! Welcome! I'm Maya, Maya hart. This is my dog I told you abou-" the man cuts me off. "Maya? Maya it's me!" He's says, me not knowing what to say to that. "Uhm... I'm sorry do I know you?" I reply, raising an eyebrow. "It's me, Lucas!" He replies, almost hesitantly. Oh my god... Lucas friar. Also known as the boy who I was in a love triangle with, but then he chose my best friend, Riley, who I haven't spoken with since I moved schools in my junior year. "Lucas. Hi! So this is your new apartment!" I say half heartedly. Lucas still hasn't said a word, he's just been staring at me, in awe. My dog runs up and sniffs his hand, then jumps up onto him. "Hey! Cocoa! No jumping!" I Say, pushing him down off of Lucas. "Nah, that's okay. I love dogs! I'm so excited to have one here!" He says, kneeling and scratching cocoa under his chin. "Who's a good boy?" He says, along with other little praises, cocoa loving the attention. I chuckle. Jesus, Lucas grew up to be a doof.

"So," I say, as Lucas drops the last of his boxes, "how is it with you and Riley?" I ask, going into the kitchen and grabbing us glasses of water. "We broke up after high school. I just realized we weren't really that into each other... Not enough that we wanted to try long distance. I'm sure you've heard, but she's engaged to Farkle! Funny how the story played out!" He chuckles, my jaw hanging open. "No, I was not aware. Me and Riley haven't kept in touch much." I say, slumping down on the couch with Lucas, handing him his water and taking a long drink from mine. "Thanks," he says,wiping sweat from his brow and taking a drink. He took off his flannel in the moving process and is now just wearing a tee. I admire his arm muscles for a moment, and then snap out of it. He notices me looking and smiles slightly, taking another sip. I blush, tucking a curl that escaped from my ponytail behind my ear.

Lucas's point of view:
Maya really grew up to be... Stunning, I think, watching her tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. I cough, snapping out of my gaze. "So, you and josh! How did that go?" I ask. I hope she doesn't mind me asking. I hope she doesn't think  care, because I don't, and I don't want her thinking that. Dammit, why did I ask! She chuckles, looking at my cheeks, which feel extremely hot. "We broke up too, about two years ago. He... Wasn't right for me." She stutters the last part, like she's hiding something. "Ah. So, you're single. Not that I care," I blush, her chuckling. "Yes. Although josh recently texted me that he wants to get back together... But I'm not buying that. He's such a fucking- uh... He's not what I'm looking for. Been there done that." She says, trying to act casual. I chuckle, her looking at me with her big, blue eyes and smiling. As our eyes meet, we both blush and look away, her fingernails klinking on her water glass.