Forever.

"Mom," I whisper, looking down at the vibrant flowers in my hands. I fight the urge to cry because I know my makeup will run if I do. I shift my gaze to meet my mother's, and I see that she's on the verge of tears too, "I'm nervous."

"Don't be, baby." She smiles, "You look beautiful. I just... I can't believe you've grown up so fast."

I smile, "Oh... Come on Mom. If you cry, then I'll cry, and then my makeup will be all messy." I laugh, but I can feel my eyes starting to sting as tears threaten to fall.

"I'm sorry.... This is so surreal." My mom says to me, looking down, "My baby girl getting married."

I look down at my dress, which is a light gold color, with darker, golden designs on it. My mom holds the mirror up so I can see my reflection. For once in my life, I can say that I look pretty.

Suddenly, I hear the music, and my stomach turns with excitement and nervousness. My mom takes my hand, squeezing it gently, "I'll be taking pictures." And then she is gone.

I bite my lip, shifting my gaze again. It lands on Luke, and I give a big smile. He walks over to me in his black tuxedo, a smile on his face, "You look beautiful, Clary." He tells me.

"I hope so," I reply, "My mom's taking a lot of pictures."

"Don't forget to smileeeee." He drags out the 'e' as the doors open. My mom is the first one that I see. She bought a high quality camera for the wedding even though she hired a professional photographer. She holds the camera up to her eye, pushing down on the button several times to take pictures. I smile at her before I turn my attention to the scenery.

They did a wonderful job with the decorating outside. Flower petals are scattered throughout the path that I am meant to walk on. The path that leads me to my soon-to-be husband, Noah.

Luke takes my arm, and we both walk down the path. I hear gasps, and the sound of cameras taking pictures as I walk. My gaze scans over the crowd, and lands on Isabelle.

Over the past few years, her hair has stayed the same... Shiny, and long. And she still looks about the same. She flashes me a smile, and I smile back at her before I let my attention turn back to what is in front of me.

Trees surround us, with bright colored flowers on their branches. It's like a scene from a movie... But better. We walk for what seems like forever, the music playing slowly.

And then I see him. My beautiful Noah, standing there with the same grin on his face that I have come to love more and more as the years have passed. He looks at me, his gaze dropping to the ground. When he looks back up, I can see that his eyes are bright and shining. He looks as though he's going to cry, and that alone makes me want to cry too. I walk a few more steps and Luke let's go of me, letting me walk up to Noah.

It goes quicker than I thought it would. I'm staring into Noah's gorgeous eyes, noticing that they're still glassy. We both say our vows, not breaking eye contact once.

"I do." He murmurs, smiling.

"I do." I repeat him, my voice soft.

"And now for the Runes." The man says. He holds out a small box with both of our steles in it. Noah and I open it, and I take out my stele first.

Noah pulls his tuxedo to the side, revealing his chest. I grin at him, taking his hand first. I have the runes memorized by now, and I slowly draw it onto his hand. Then, I look up at him. I place a kiss on his cheek before I draw a rune on his chest.

Then, I put my stele in the box. He takes his out and moves closer to me, licking his lips. I move my dress down just slightly, and he starts to trace the rune onto my chest. The familiar burning sensation calms me, and I smile up at him. Once he finishes my chest, he puts the rune on my hand. Then, he puts his stele in the box, facing me again.

"Now, you may kiss-" before the man can even finish, Noah is closing the distance between us, his lips covering mine gently. My eyes flutter shut, and I melt into him. His hands are firm, yet gentle on my back as he kisses me. My arms loop around his neck, and it's as though everything around us is falling away.

I'm only brought back when I hear the shouts of everyone in the crowd, cheering. Finally, we break away from each other.

When we break apart, we find each other staring into the other's eyes.

"Forever?" He asks.

"Forever."
-
xoxo