Chapter 21

Hello, hello wattpadders!!!

Sorry for the lateness of this chapter, truth is, I haven't been inspired lately and college has been getting on top of me :s

Well, I'm inspired now and I hope you enjoy this short chapter.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!

I hope that Santa brings you the presents you desired :3

-Happy Holidays,

<3 Rae x

xxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 21

Dear Diary,

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve written in here. Life just got a little hectic and I couldn’t find the time to write. Where do I begin? Might as well take things back to April, before things got crazy…

When Mom had left with the news of the twins on the way, it was like every mated couple could talk about nothing else, other than babies. Even Jonathan and Mallory were discussing it. It amazed me how quickly she got over being tied to the bed for almost twenty-four hours. But then again, when you’re mated, you love your other half no matter what. I guess I have this to find out at a later date. Caleb kept bringing up the whole baby subject a countless number of times. I tried getting him to drop it but he sure is persistent.

“Addie, please!” He whined for like, the seventieth time that afternoon that we were out walking in the yard.

“ I don’t want to talk about this, Caleb. Alright, ugh!”

“Why not?” he stopped walking.

I gave him a look to say ‘you know why.’ But of course I still had to explain myself  “Because you are eighteen and I am sixteen-“

“Sixteen and nine tenths.”

“Caleb!” I glared.

“Ah, sorry, sorry, go on, go on.” He put his hands up as a surrender

“It doesn’t matter, we are just teenagers, I don’t want to be a mom and I especially do not want to be a teen mom like you see on those bad MTV ‘reality shows.”

He pouted “But-“

“No, no butts.” I said softly “I don’t want to waste the rest of my childhood wiping drool and changing diapers. I want to live my life the way I intend to. Children just get in the way.”

Caleb wasn’t quite giving up yet “But look how good you are with Caitlyn and Harper. You’ll be a great mom, Addie.” He put his hands on my shoulders and pressed his forehead to mine “Why can’t you see that?”

I closed my eyes and sighed “Because I don’t want to see that.” I opened them again.

He looked a little wounded and stepped back, removing his hands. I grimaced, slightly, realizing that what I had just said, could have been phrased a little better. I pushed the hair out of my eyes “Caleb…”

Caleb just shook his head and started walked away  “Nah.” His eyes narrowed “You’re going to have to get claimed sooner or later, Addison, and don’t come running to me when you feel the need.” He turned his back, fist clenched.

A lump seemed to have formed its self in the back of my throat; I swallowed hard, trying to rid it. I looked at him with uncertainty, and then followed. Quickening my steps so that I caught up “Hey!” I grabbed his shoulder, he spun round and we halted. “I’m not saying that I don’t want to be with you like that, not at all.” I said calmly.

“Then what is it?” His jaw line was taught.

My cheeks heated up “I… I’m not ready for that type of… thing yet.”

Caleb sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose “It’s called sex, Addie. You can say it, its not a taboo.”

I scratched the back of my neck.

“Look, there’s nothing to be afraid of, it’s easy. Uh, I mean…”

The lump was back “Of course.” I whispered “god damn Loretta.”

“Hey hey.” He frowned “No need to cuss her.”

This time it was my turn to start walking away “Why not? She’s not dead. She wasn’t some sort of saint. She is your ex mate. I’m not gonna be the first person you’ll claim, am I?”

He shook his head slowly “No.”

That hurt. Hurt a lot more than I thought it would.

“I, um, I.” I put my thumb behind me as it I was pointing something “I have to go.” My voice wobbled and wavered.

“Addie, don’t please.” He touched my arm.

“Sorry…” I started walking back towards the house, almost at a running pace. All I wanted was the comfort of my bed, so that I could do something ultimately female like and cry myself to sleep. I felt second place, that I was getting someone’s second-hand mate. Arriving at the kitchen, I ran through it, pushing past Brody who was stood eating a sandwich.  I then flew up the stairs and slammed the door behind me. The noise echoed, warning everyone else in the house that I shouldn’t be disturbed. 

xxxxxx

See you all in 2012,

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN ;3