THE POLICE STATION

Today, for the first time in years, Karen Johnson-slash-Kristen Stewart, had let her guard down in front of people. She had cried in front of her boyfriend. How could she let herself be so weak? Fool. Stupid, fucked up creature. That was what she was. How could she not realize for all these years that she had been kidnapped, if she had been kidnapped, at all?

Even if she wanted to (and believe me, she did), she could not stop crying. But, of course, assuming that she really was the face on the milk carton, she had to have had twenty years of living the wrong life - how could you expect her to not break down from confusion?

"Shh, Karen, calm down, calm down, babygirl," Robert tried to soothe her, holding her and stroking her hair. He was trying his hardest to support her as much as he could. Alas, he couldn't relate to her situation, at all. Sure, he had had problems with trying to find who he was, but not in such way like Karen was right now. She was struggling with finding her identity.

"Look at me," he lifted her chin up with his finger tip, their eyes meeting. "Now, I want you to listen to me carefully. Even if you're Kristen Stewart and not Karen Johnson, or vice versa, I will always love you," he sounded very serious. "Okay?"

She nodded, letting another tear stream down her face. She didn't dare to wipe it. Her face had gone so numb from crying, she hadn't felt the wetness on her skin, at all.

"Now, I want you to go inside and tell the police what happened - everything, with full details

"Now, I want you to go inside and tell the police what happened - everything, with full details."

Karen had never seen her boyfriend sounding so serious, so demanding. He was right. She had to quit wailing, to get up, to go there and explain everything. Perhaps it could help her identify herself.

She didn't understand any of that. It had to be a joke. If it was, then why had she cried her heart out? Why had she worried so much? Maybe it was not a joke. It had to be the cruel reality.

Inhaling and exhaling, the young woman mentally prepared herself to enter. She stood up form the bench, adjusted her sweater and made sure she didn't look like she had just cried a whole river. Her hands trembled. She had never been to the police station before. What if they didn't believe her?

"They will," Rob smiled, standing up, and gave her a little encouraging kiss on the lips. There. She was ready to go.

When she entered, a police woman greeted her politely: "Hello, how can I help you?"

The panic had returned again. Her teeth chattered. "Something weird happened to me today. It's hard to explain."

The police woman leaded her somewhere, our heroine didn't know where. The people there seemed nice. They wouldn't judge her, probably.

The women entered a room, which supposedly was an interrogation room. Small, with three chairs and a table, one of them already occupied.

"How may I help you, Ms?" , the police officer, an old man with a moustache white, like snow, smiled reassuringly, maintaining a serious and caring appearance.

The police woman exited the room, leaving the elder and the young adult alone. Now was the time. The time of the truth. What was going to happen? The young woman took out the carton from her bag and showing it, Karen said something that the police officer didn't believe he would hear in his fourty years of experience:

"I am Kristen Stewart."