THE SHOCK

|Still 09.04.2016|

Karen was on the verge. She had just learned she was not the person she believed she was. She was Kristen Stewart - a child having gone missing exactly twenty years ago, on the same date, which happened to be her birthday. Who was she now? Was she Karen Johnson? Was she Kristen Stewart? It was too baffling for the young woman.

Trying to keep her tears of anger and confusion from falling, she walked to the cashier as calmly as possible, paid for her groceries and assure that no one was following her, rushed to the nearest police station. She had to report what had just happened. It couldn't be left like that.

Violent tears eventually streamed down her cheeks. She had to sit down. She couldn't take it. It was all too much for her to handle. One minute she was shopping for her birthday, the next she learned she was a missing child. What a mad world it was.

Karen (or Kristen, she didn't even know how to call herself anymore) sat on the bench nearby the police station, crying hard. The passersby ignored her. They probably pitied her. Our heroine didn't need any of that. She simply was searching for answers. And choking on her own tears wouldn't help her. But what could she do? There was nothing left for her to do. She had lived twenty years with the wrong family, in the wrong place, the wrong life. Or had she? She prayed it was all a sick joke. That she was who she believed she was and that her life could go back to normal.

 That she was who she believed she was and that her life could go back to normal

"Karen?" , a worried male voice cooed.

Our heroine looked up, not believing who was in front of her. Her boyfriend, Robert Pattinson, had just seen her cry. What a shame! The tough cookie was crying! Who would expect that? Yeah, but who would expect Karen Johnson, the "golden damsel" to actually be a missing child for twenty years?

A thump was heard. Robert had dropped his stuff. He sat down next to his girlfriend and hugged her, letting her cry in his arms. Countless questions ran through his mind. Why, in this peaceful day, his girlfriend (who was a birthday girl today) was crying? Who had upset her? Or what?

And she showed him the milk carton, retold him the occurence in the supermarket earlier.He listened. Just like he always did. His girlfriend was going through one of the toughest period in her lifes. She needed support. But, now, they needed to find out the truth as well. Was she really Kristen Stewart, or just a look-a-like?

 Was she really Kristen Stewart, or just a look-a-like?

"Who am I?" , Karen whimpered. "Who?"