6| Defeat The Humans (Not Including Hunter)

Zacznij od początku

Turning around I took off with Hunter and everyone else. It didn't take too long to get home, but I wouldn't say it was the quickest flight.

By the time we landed Hunter was still unconscious, so I took him upstairs to the guest bedroom. At first my parents were wary about it, worrying he would murder us all in the night, but then they realized letting him sleep on the couch wouldn't stop that. But we're not dead yet so.

I don't know why all these guys are so heavy but sheesh! Rolling him onto the bed he moaned before falling onto the floor.

"Ugh seriously," I fussed kicking his arm lightly.

"Ow what the heck," he said rolling over again to look at me.

I made an annoyed face as he studied me closely for the second time. I forced myself to look away, as his green eyed gaze was getting kind of creepy.

"You let me stay," he said happily, as a small smile creeped into his face.

Happily?! Why would he be happy to be held against his will?

He stood up quickly and wrapped his arms around me. I tended up at his touches. Now this was something I least expected.

"Wh-what are you doing?" He didn't answer, and when I realized it was a hug I wrapped my arms around him lightly. I don't know why I did it.

"Thank you!" He looked into my eyes, and I couldn't help but blush and look away.

"Why did you want to stay?" I asked drawing my gaze from the floor back to him.

"No reason."

"What do you mean no reason? You practically begged me to let you stay here!" I shouted getting angry to why he wouldn't express his feelings.

"It's none of your business!" He shouted back.

I frowned, and left the room. He obviously wasn't in a talking mood anymore. I don't know why I'd hugged him. It was stupid.

I made my way to my room which was only down the hall. Walking in, I saw Mason sitting on my bed in silence. Sneaking up behind him, I jumped on him and wrapped my arms around him and his wings. He didn't even flinch, and he continued to stare at something. Now he was being a party pooper too.

Walking around my bed I turned to face him, and see what he was looking at. His arm was torn open in several places and had puncture marks. How had I not noticed that earlier?

"Mason what happened?!" I asked clearly shocked.

"They took samples of my blood," he rubbed his fingers over his arm.

"Ewwww! Stop touching it! I will get you some bandages."

I ran towards the bathroom and threw stuff everywhere until I found the gauze and bandage wraps. Walking back to my room I found Mason exactly where I left him.

I don't know what they did to him, but it must have traumatized him a lot. Normally he was always talking, or always doing something active, but now he just seemed.. dead inside.

Wrapping the bandages around his arm he lifted his head to watch me. Raising my gaze I looked into his eyes.

"Are you ok?" I asked. Well of course he isn't ok! What kind of a question was that?!

"You're here so I'm fine," he spoke clearly before placing his lips on mine.

This kiss was different than the others. It was filled with passion and longing. It felt as if he really needed it now, and after today I couldn't blame him. I realized how much we needed each other.

After he broke the kiss I kissed back immediately. I didn't care if he didn't have time to breathe. He would just have to learn to do it through his nose.

His hand made its way through my hair as he tugged it back giving him more access to my lips.

He kissed me again before rolling over onto the bed. He pulled me up to him, and rested his chin on my head. I snuggled closer to him and he wrapped his good arm around me and my wings.

"Hey Pandora?" His voice was quiet but steady.

"Yeah?" I said yawning.

"Umm.. Nevermind. If you're tired you can go to sleep."

He didn't have to tell me twice. I was warm, and I was happy because Mason was with me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.