6| Defeat The Humans (Not Including Hunter)

My dad was behind me, and my best friends, my boyfriend, were by my side, and then there was Hunter who was still knocked out on the ground.

Wait did I just admit Mason was my boyfriend? I didn't know if Mason and I were really in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, but right now that didn't really matter when you were being surrounded by a group of Avian hungry humans, or if what I'm saying right now really makes any sense. It probably doesn't.

This would be a quick battle because we had an advantage: the power of flight. Though the two burly men looked like they would be hard to take down.

The only weird thing was the Mason looked unscathed. I would have thought they would have dissected him by now. But of course I was extremely happy he wasn't.

If I lost Mason I don't know what I would do with myself. I obviously can't throw myself off a cliff because my wings seem to have a mind of their own, and would end up catching me before I hit the ground. This week will have really sucked. Wait, that was an understatement, this week already sucked.

Now enough of the depressing thoughts. It's time to kick some human butt, and thankfully Brianna, Mason and my dad were right by my side.

Now it was four against three. I didn't know if there was anyone inside the house. I'm guessing there wasn't since Mason was able to escape. My dad must have already done something with the short, lean man from before.

Mason, Bri, and I, made eye contact before extending our large wings, and whacking each man in the throat.

"Good move but not good enough," one man spoke, as he grabbed Brianna by the wing, and pulled her to the ground, taking out several of her secondary feathers in the process.

Mason quickly saved her by diving down, and kicking the man behind his knees causing him to fall forward. Then Brianna hopped up and back kicked him right against his chin.

We all threw open our wings, and with strong downstrokes we lifted into the sky. My dad already knocked out two of the guys, and only the one that had grabbed Brianna was left.

Lowering myself back to the ground, I quickly grabbed a shovel that I had found on the ground, and ran towards the man with it. I hit him in the head really hard with it until I was positive he was knocked out completely.

"Wow nice job Pan!" Mason said pulling me towards him.

I was about to kiss Mason when I saw what my dad was doing out of the corner of my eye. He was holding a lighter and holding it next to the cabin.

"Dad.. What are you doing?!" I yelled jumping out of Mason's arms, and running towards him.

"We have to destroy all the evidence of us being here. No one can ever know. No one."

He had already dragged each of the bodies into the cabin where they would burn. He walked over to the still unconscious Hunter before I pulled him back.

"No dad you can't! We owe it to him. He helped me find Mason!"

He looked towards me like I was insane, which I probably am but that's not the point. I don't know what it was about Hunter. He wasn't innocent, but I didn't see him as guilty either. All in all, he just seemed like a kid who was lost.

"Fine. But we aren't letting him go."

I nodded quickly, and picked up Hunter. Brianna and Mason came over to help me carry him. Thankfully this would make him easier to carry.

My dad threw the lighter into the cabin, and I couldn't help but watch as it set ablaze. Fire was always so beautiful, but it caused such destruction.