5| Escaped And On The Run...Well Fly

Btw this is a picture of Brianna above^^

I woke up to the roar of an engine and the crunching sound of gravel. Trying to sit up I hit my head on the top of a metal bar. Looking around me I noticed Mason, who was next to me, and I were in a crate type box.

Of course he was still knocked out, and had drool running from his mouth. If we weren't trapped in cages, and being driven somewhere, in what I think is a car, I would have laughed.

Honestly I don't know if it even was a car. We used to have an old beat up car in our territory when I was 5, but it eventually rusted and decomposed. We didn't have paved roads either. Just graveled ones. It was fun to ride your bike on even though it was pretty rough.

The less noticeable our Paradise was, the safer we were. That is why we have so many trees surrounding our homes. We can't have any airplanes passing over head and seeing us.

But right now is not the time to be thinking about my home when I'm clearly not there. Now we were in an even worse situation than before. We had been seen, and captured, by more than one human. And even possibly more than two.

Turning my body was hard since the cage was so small, and my wings took up most of the space since they were bigger than I was.

I frantically shook Mason until he finally opened his eyes. He looked around him and squinted several times before he realized what was going on.

"What the hell happened to us?" He blurted out.

"I have no idea! They shot us with something, and then we fell unconscious!"

"Tranquilizers?" I asked looking towards him.

"You mean those sleepy bullet things?"

"Yeah Mason. Tranquilizers." I rolled my eyes and looked around for means of escape.

I almost literally gave myself a facepalm when I saw that the latch was a simple hook. I quickly unhooked the latch, and slid out of the cage as silently as possible. Did they think we were as primitive as dogs?

We had a dog once. He was so cute but he ran away. Pandora this is not that time for this! Right! Sorry self.

It wasn't silent enough though when the cage door swung closed with Mason still inside. I hadn't realized the vehicle, which now getting a better look at it, was definitely a car. Two beefy looking men were standing on either side of me. They looked angry, but they were smiling.

"Shit," I mumbled looking towards Mason.

The two men stood staring at me, almost daring me to move. I didn't move a muscle. Not an inch. I looked toward Mason without moving my head. My eyes screamed 'what do I do?'

Thankfully Mason answered me. "Fugite!"

Fly.

Within a second I had jolted myself into the air and thrown open my speckled wings. I pushed down hard, rising into the air as fast as my wings could carry me.

"Mason I will come back for you! I promise!" Yelling towards him, I flew off as fast as I could. I had to get help. I had to save him.