Chapter 5

Goal: What's your favorite video game/app/etc. (currently I'm obsessed with Pokemon Go)

   I yawn and lay down. Today has been exhausting. I had my usual training and then Uncle Josh was showing me how to track people easier. After that Dad and I traveled to a neighboring pack to renew a treaty that was set when Dad was a kid. Days like these are the ones where I just can't wait to lay down in bed and drift off to sleep.

   And maybe I would if that damn knocking on my door would stop.

   I groan and throw myself up. I quickly throw on a pair of pants and open the door. I glare at Delian and go to slam my door. She quickly outs her hand on my door and stops me from closing it. I mean I could have, I just would have crushed her hand in the process. No way am I having Uncle Jared come after me for breaking his "precious baby girl's" hand. I think Dad would kill me too. Can't break the hand of the girl who is basically an assassin for the pack.

   "What do you want?" She shushes me.

   "It's like midnight," she whispers. "Do you want to wake up the whole pack house?" 

   "Just tell me what you want so I can go back to sleep," I mumble out.

   "Get dressed. You're going to the mountain with us." My eyes widen. The mountain is no mans land, out of pack territory. However, rogues tend to stay away unless they are peaceful. They know that a very powerful pack is near by and will happily take action if they were to hurt anyone.

   "No we're not. You guys can go to the mountain all you want but I'm exhausted and going to go back to sleep." She shook her head.

   "No you are not! Wes and I have decided that you need to actually act your age before you become Alpha." I rolled my eyes.

   "Fuck off." She sighs and widens her eyes and sticking out her bottom lip. "You look stupid, stop that." 

   "You are such an ass! Why won't you just come out with us? Just this once!" I groan in annoyance.

   "Fine but you are never allowed to bug me again." She nodded. 

   "Deal!" I grab a shirt and tug it on. "Hurry up!' She says just after a car honked from outside. Probably Wesley. When we get outside I see Wesley is in his blue Jeep. Despite the fact that there's plenty he could have used, he bought this one himself. I climb in the passenger seat, making Delian glare at me and Wesley takes off.

   I watch as the scenery flies by. The leaves are green as we and shake in the slight wind. They almost passed by in a blur as I tried to make out every detail. The stars were shining brightly above us, getting brighter as we drive up the mountain. I look back at Delian to see her putting her hand out the window and letting it glide in the wind.

    "Don't get your hand cut off Delian," Wesley says. He must have been looking back at her as well. "I don't think your clients or your parents would like that very much." Delian rolled her eyes but I was agreeing with Wesley. 

   "I'll be fine. Besides, I don't need my hands to read palms." Delian owned a small shop in town that humans often went to, to have their palms read and fortunes told. She was very good at palm readings, apparently she has been since she was a kid. So she made a career out of it to help the pack with a little extra cash. 

   "But you do need them to fight," I add in. 

   "Touche,'" she replies, pulling her hand back in the window.

   "We're almost there," Wes says ten minutes later. I nod and turn off the radio which had gone fuzzy. I take Wes' phone since I left mine at the pack house and plug it into the aux cord. I turn on a random song, leaning my head against the seat.

   Our music starts to get drowned out by loud blasting music outside. I look out the window to see people drinking and partying. Some are human, some are wolves, and very few others are young magi. Vampires are the one creature that know they wouldn't be welcomes here. Not with an entire pack of wolves near by. All of the wolves here are either from the next pack over or our pack so I won't need to worry about rogues tonight. I also don't need to worry about the humans as they are all aware of us. They wouldn't be here if they weren't.

   Delian is the first to hop out of the car and opens the trunk. She grabs some clothes and goes behind a tree to change. Of course she wouldn't actually leave the house dressed how she dresses at these things. . . 

   "She's older than us, ya know? Don't worry about her." I smile at Wes.

   "I'm not too worried about her. I'm just worried about what'll happen if her parents don't like what she does or if something happens to her and her parents reaction. Uncle Jared is terrifying, ya know?" He laughs and agrees with me, getting out of the car. I get out as well, taking in a deep breath. 

   The view of the city down below takes my breath away. I've never seen a more stunning view. I don't know why I try to avoid coming to these things. . . I have only gone two or three times before but I always end up having a blast. 

   "Max!" I look towards the familiar voice and smile at the completely green eyed girl. 

   "Well if it isn't Theodosia!" She giggles a bit at me. 

   "Of course it is! I'm always here. Meanwhile, I haven't seen you in forever. You never even call!" I shrug and pull her into a hug. 

   "I'm a busy man." I pull away and take notice of the glowing flowers she has intwined into her blue hair. "New enchantment?" I point to her hair. 

   "Yup! But the blue is dye." I nod. "So are you going to dance with me or do I have to find a different partner?" I let out a short chuckle and pull her towards me. As multiple more people start dancing I look around. Delian, of course, is reading some human's palm. I think about how much she's charging the poor drunken bastard and move my eyes away. As my eyes skim the trees I notice a familiar wolf. Tall but not as tall as an alpha, dirty blond fur, and green eyes. That's the second time I've seen them. . .

   Who the hell are they?

   Hi! What do you think?

   Actual goal: 160 votes and 60 comments 

   My legs are really sore from hiking yesterday, someone help

   I named the new character Theodosia because I'm currently obssesed with Dear Theodosia from Hamilton

   I posted a bonus chapter of ILR in case any of you want to read it!!!

   I'm going to go read a fantabulous book I've been reading. It's an lgbt werewolf story called Savage Desires by PrinceKenzie and its fucking adorable. 

   Until next time- "Dear Theodsia what to say to you? You have my eyes, you have your mothers name"