Hermione looks at him with cunning and uncovering eyes, searching for truth under the cold facade only to be left clueless as always.  "So he knows of our plan?"

"He knows that I need to be told of any reference Dumbledore makes to Grindelwald or any attempt for him to leave Hogwarts," Tom answers, his tone singing of finality to their conversation though his eyes stay latched on Hermione.  Slowly but surely, she nods in understanding, both of them turning to the converging lecture, previously left at the mention of grindylows and back to the subject at hand.

////////////

Later that evening, and after a long day of intense classwork, Hermione returns to the Slytherin Common Room alone, having bid Tom 'goodbye' just minutes ago as he set off for some unspoken task.  Of course, she did not pry for information on his search, given that Tom would surely never answer and likely curse her for her ignorance.  Not feeling prepared for either pain or irritation, Hermione let it be, simply departing with the least amount of cordiality she could pay.

"Hermione!" Abraxas shouts, Hermione's eyes casting upward to look for the boy as she enters the Common Room.  This is the first time they've spoken in weeks (after telling Abraxas of Tom's wishes for her parting with him), and it is a shock to her cold demeanor yet not any more than the sight she sees.  Around her, young students are decorating the dark innards of the Slytherin Common Room, a ready sight for a party but not one that Hermione wishes for.

"What's going on in here?" Hermione asks, not returning the greeting but finding her propriety muffled by the sudden change of scene.

"We're celebrating tonight!" the white-haired heir exclaims as he stands in front of her, grinning wide and with the attributes of Slytherin upon his tongue.  "And I, the Abraxas Scorpius Malfoy, am cordially inviting you, the radiant Hermione Granger, to the Slytherin House Spring Palooza."

"I see you have the silver tongue of a Slytherin," Hermione remarks, raising an eyebrow at his offer, thoroughly humoured though not revealing it under her cordial demeanor

"And you do not?" he reciprocated rhetorically, and Hermione cannot help cracking a grin at that.  No, she does not.  "So, will you come?"

Looking around, Hermione sees the efforts for a wonderful party ongoing, enhancements being sung and voices sounding in glee.  Then back to Abraxas, Hermione sees an excited boy, his eyes gleaming with his desire for her attendance, a look she cannot forsake no matter the situation.  "Very well, just do not expect me to thoroughly enjoy it."

"It'll be worth it if you smile just once," the boy says, returning to his leadership position at those sweet words.  Hermione grins after him before returning to her dormitory, her plans for the night only slightly changed though less agreeable than previous.  Of course, Hermione Granger would rather read than attend a party, but friends have led her through the worst of struggles, and they will continue to, even if she now lives fifty year before her original time.