Chapter 29 - Uhh...I know who the hell Bucky is??? But I don't think that helps

Start from the beginning

"You don't get to demand anything Sitwell." I say from my seat in the front before looking at Sam. "I told you we should have gagged him."

"Aren't we supposed to be above gagging our prisoners?"

"Fine, can I freeze his mouth shut?"

"I would have no problem with that." Sam replies, and I turn around, about to form some ice.

"Okay! Okay! I'll shut up now." He says and I sigh. "Better keep to that promise."

Sam pulls over at a building and I bring Sitwell up the building's stairwell until I meet Steve who grabs him and throws him out onto the roof. We start walking toward Sitwell who repeatedly tries to back up. Eventually this guy's gonna run out of roof.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve demands.

"Never heard of it," Sitwell responds.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up. I get seasick. Not like Carson would know how that feels." He says and I roll my eyes.

Then Sitwell runs out of roof and just as he nearly falls off the edge, Steve grabs his collar.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you can throw me off the roof?" Sitwell mocks. "Cause it's really not your style, Rogers."

"You're right," Steve says, flattening out Sitwell's suit. "It's not. It's theirs."

Steve steps aside as Sitwell miraculously slips on ice and Natasha kicks him off the roof.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura...?" Natasha recalls.

"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" Steve asks.

"Yeah, she's cute."

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that."

"Am I the only person who hasn't met this girl?" I ask as Sam flies over head and drops Sitwell on the roof before landing and folding up his wings.

"We gonna have to ask again?" I ask Sitwell who desperatly catches his breath.

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!" Sitwell concedes.

"What targets?" Steve asks.

"You three! You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, some camps in Long Island and California, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future."

"The future?" I ask. "How could it predict what people will do?"

Sitwell laughs. "How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it."

We look at each other apprehensively, knowing where this is going.

"Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates peoples' past to predict their future." Sitwell says.

"And what then?" Steve asks.

"Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me."

"Answer him!" I yell.

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

"Oh, my gods." I breathe out and Sitwell laughs.

"Why so surprised Alexis? Didn't your boyfriend tell you anything about what he was working on?"

"Shut your face before I freeze it shut."