Chapter 10: The One Time I Will Love Mad-Eye Moody

"So George, would you mind explaining why you dragged me into the kitchen in the middle of the night?" I inquire the irritating redhead boy in front of me. Yes, it was the middle of the night when I was minding my own business, studying in the library when George Weasley literally dragged me to the kitchen.

Now, we sitting at a table that is WAY too short for George (yet perfect for me), awkwardly staring at each other, trying to make conversation while little green house elves wait on us, hand and foot.

"I thought we could just hang out a bit. You know, insult your height, insult my smartness, get in a huge fight, then make up by making out. The usual." He explains casually, as if planning out a pic nick, and not suggesting that we 'make out', as he states it.

My face burns red for about the hundredth time today. "Not happening you dolt."

His smirk turns into a confused look. "Honestly, you're like a walking dictionary! What does that mean."

I sigh at George's IQ level. "You honestly don't know what dolt means?! It means idiot."

"Not happening you dolt." -Cassiopeia Crouch (Me), 4th year pure blood Ravenclaw. Circumstance: I was talking to George Weasley (6th year pure blood Gryffindor), who lacks much intelligence, and was trying to insult him.

"What's that thingy?" George asks as he leans in closer to me, to examine what I had just wrote. I try to pull away, but he grabs it out of my puny hands, and stands up so I can't reach it.

"GEORGE WEASLEY!!! GIVE THAT BACK!!" I demand as I jump up, trying to retrieve it, but fail, as a normal person of my height would. He just calmly reads it, as if I weren't there, and had no struggle what-so-ever to keep his grip on my book.

"You are one strange person.....whoa!" He explained, befuddled as he turned the page backwards. "You think Moody knows you!" I blink, bewildered, but then I remember:

The night Moody came, he locked eyes with me, like he knew me.

"Just give it back!" I yell. George rolls his eyes, before thrusting the notebook into my stomach. "Thank you." I huff.

***

"Hello class." Moody greets us as he limps into the classroom, his walking stick clutched firmly as he made his way to the front of the classroom.

"Today," He begins, "I will be putting the imperious curse on each of you. You will try to fight it."

"But sir!" Granger protests, outraged. "That's illegal!" Exactly what I was thinking. This is the one time I will ever agree with a mudblood. But, thank God she said it for me, I would hate having to yell at Moody. Thanks Granger.

"Then you may go, Granger." Moody motions for the door. Granger doesn't get up, but stays planted firmly in her chair. "Great. Now, who would like to go first? Ahh, Cruz, you go!" Miranda Cruz, a Hufflepuff girl stands up, pushing her blonde hair to the side as she struts up to the front like a model. I with I looked like her.

She's tall. Like, really tall. I'd say about 5"7 or 5"8. And her hair is flawless. It's silvery blonde, and so silky, it's to die for. I'm pretty sure she's part veela. How else can you explain her silver eyes, or just her natural beauty in general?

"Imperio!" Moody points his wand at her, and immediately, she grabs Ron Weasley's (George's little brother) hand, and attempts to tango. He's really reluctant to do it, so it holds her back a bit.

Next, Neville Longbottom is forced to give Granger a hug.

After a while, I am called up to the front. "Imperio!" Moody sends a spell at me. All of a sudden, a relaxing sensation overcomes me. It's blissful. 

Now Crouch, Moody's voice can be heard inside my head. I want you to read some of your most recent notebook entries!

I begin to reach into my pocket to pull out the tiny, leather covered notebook, but I stop myself. Why would I intentionally read my notebook to the class? 

Do it! Moody's voice barks in my head. I stay still. All of a sudden, the blissful feeling that was on me went away. It is followed by pain. Come on Crouch! Do it!

Why not? I think. What harm would it do? Only the harm of having the entire class plus Moody knowing what I have been writing and observing for the past 4 years, that's what the harm could do.

Come on Cass! Do it! Did Moody just call me Cass? I was sure he didn't know my first name. Now that I think about it, how does he know my last name?

As I was distracted by me thinking about ow Moody knows me, without thinking about what I was doing, I whip out my notebook, turn to a random page, and begin to read:

""Quidditch will be canceled this year!"Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. Circumstance: The tri-wizard tournament is happening this year, causing there to be no Quidditch. I am very happy about this, unlike most other Hogwarts students, especially the Gryffindor's." I read aloud. Now, I just realize what I had just done, but I continued anyway, though it is against my will completely.

""Stupid ceiling." Mad-Eye Moody, ex auror, D.A.D.A professor. Circumstance: The ceiling began to rain, and he stopped it. Then, as I watched him, his eye locked glances with mine. I think he might know me from somewhere. He sure acted like it. I just don't know him. " I glance up at Moody for just a second, before flipping the page. But once I see him, I have to take a double take.

He seems to be transforming.....his features are deforming. Quickly, he grabs a little flask like thing from his side, and drinks its contents. He stops transforming or whatever immediately.

"Crouch, I think that's enough!" He yells at me, obviously mad about what I had just read. Hey, he was the one who made me.

He stomps over to my table, plants himself right in front of me, and looks me straight in the eye. I almost gag at his face being so close to mine.

"I don't know you. I never made eye contact with you! Got it!" He grumbles at me, only so I can here. I nod, willing him to go away; his breath smells terrible.

Thankfully, he does.

The one time I will love Mad-Eye Moody.