Chapter 1: Thanks Dad

Wanted dead or alive

Sirius Black

100,000 galleon reward to any witch or wizard that finds him

The Daily Prophet newspaper that I had just picked up read. Under it was a long article about Sirius Black and what he did, where he might be found and such.

I honestly don't find it very important, but according to my father, Sirius Black is top priority, and should be the only thing on everyone's mind.

But the real question is: if Sirius Black was top priority, why hasn't the ministry caught him yet? He's been out of Azkaban prison for over a year now. My father, Bartemius Crouch, is doing a really lousy job at finding this man.

I place the paper down, and stare across the empty compartment at the red velvet booth just as the train starts to move. Here's to another crappy year at Hogwarts. I think to myself. All years at Hogwarts were crappy. When were you ever actually going to need to turn an animal into a freaking goblet?!

And why should I go back to Dumbledore? Father claims that he is trying to take over Fudge as Minister Of Magic. But oh, no, even though the headmaster of my school want's the Minister's job, I still have to go back to half-breeds teachers and mudblood students. It is going to suck.

Or maybe not...I remember my father saying something was happening this year, and he would be coming to Hogwarts, but he was refusing to tell me. "You'll find out soon enough." He had told me.

I grab the Prophet again, and turn the page, to an article about a breakout of dragon pox in Romania. Sucks to be them..

"Hello. Mind if I sit here?" A voice says from the compartment door. I look up to see a tall, red head boy that appears to be in his 6th or 7th year.

"Go ahead." I motion for him to sit next to me. He does.

"You're Cassiopeia, right? Cassiopeia Crouch. Your dad works for the Ministry, right?" I nod.

My father and mother both work at the ministry, actually, but they divorced a while back so it gets really awkward when they run into each other during work. My mum is an Unspeakable in the Department Of Mysteries, and my dad is.....I actually don't know, and really don't care either.

"Then WHAT IS HAPPENING AT HOGWARTS???!!!!" The boy demands, grabbing my wrist.

I jump back in shock at the boys sudden outburst. "I don't know! He wouldn't tell me! Honestly!" After reading my expression, he lets go of my wrist.

"Sorry," He apologizes "I thought you might know."

I shrug. "What 's your name?" I asked the boy.

"Fred Weasley."

"Weasley?" I raise my eyebrows. "As in Arthur Weasley? The blood-traitor."

Fred Weasley's face turned bright red with anger. "Did you just call my dad a blood traitor?!"

"Got a problem with that, Weaslebee?"

He just stands up and storms out of the compartment, leaving me back to my thoughts.

Okay, my family isn't very blood-prejudas, but I am for some reason. Muggles are filth.

Apparently, my older brother, Barty, was also like me, and died in Azkaban after being arrested for torturing two Aurors. I have no memories of him, as he is way older than me, and was put in Azkaban when I was only one year old. He dies when I was three, according to dad.

Father was really young when he had Barty, so our age gap is 17 years. I'm 14, so he would be 31, if he was still alive.

My father was the judge for his hearing, and let him be arrested. At least according to Dumbledore. He told me in my first year, claiming "I had the right to know." Now, I wish I didn't.

My father has always been somewhat of a neglect. But never would I ever imagine him doing that. I hate him. I wish I had been sorted into Slytherin now, just like Barty, but oh, no, when I was 11, I just had to want to please my dad, so I begged the stupid hat for Ravenclaw, his house.

And that's where I ended up.

Thanks dad