XXII. Sporting Chance.

Start from the beginning

He could still hear all the chatter in the corridor through his door although it was muffled by the wood so he couldn't figure out the exact words that were being exchanged. This wasn't helping him much in attempting to sort out his thoughts so he tried one other option that he wasn't sure would work but it was certainly worth a try. He stood up from his chair and left his office to head to the department which dealt with unregistered animagi. It would probably be his best option to get as much information on this Kyra as he possibly could. After all, if there was nothing for him to go on then how can he help construct a plot to bring her and Rodolphus down?

It was more frustrating that he did not know their plans, only their intentions. If he had some kind of information, then perhaps- an idea struck him. Harry's eyes widened and he turned direction instead going to look for Hermione. He wanted to get a second opinion on this and if anyone would ever challenge his logic it was Hermione. Not many people liked to openly disagree with Harry because to them he was their saviour and therefore they trusted his theories. He didn't even need to knock on her door before she had opened it and ushered him inside with a panicked look in her eyes that he knew well from a decade of experience. She had obviously already heard and her mind was essentially becoming a frazzle and her conflicting thoughts borderline becoming an unsolvable maze. Harry made sure the door was closed tightly before turning to Hermione and briefing her on his current idea. At first she appeared startled but eventually agreed that it would be best. They needed information and if this was how they could get information then so be it.

Hermione left the room with Harry in tow. Some people turned to look at the pair before getting back to their work. Numerous people were whispering possible theories as to how this had happened again and Harry really didn't want to go into detail about the one fault that Azkaban had. Everything has a fault no matter the circumstance- it's just that this one fault had a deadly cost. After being stopped again Hermione just grunted and grabbed Harry's arm before a familiar tugging pooled in his stomach. Harry looked around and saw he was in a whole other department of the Ministry but he recognised it. The pair jogged down the hall and around a few corners before coming to another door. They stopped for a second in order to catch their breaths before knocking.

The woman who answered was a little on the wacky side to put it nicely. Bright blonde hair pinned up in a horrific attempt at pin-curls. Make-up piled on so heavy that Harry secretly thought she looked a bit like a Barbie doll that had begun melting in a fire. A strong scent of something sweet coming from her perfume and clothes that appeared to have come straight out of the eighties. Strangely shaped spectacles with gems of some kind on the black frames catching the light and shining numerous colours in the process it was almost impossible to tell which was the real colour of the gems.

"Yes Mr. Potter and Mrs. Weasley?"

They both seemed to come out of whatever state of mind they were in moments before and they looked at each other. Technically spying was illegal but in this case it was definitely the best option. So Hermione looked at Harry before saying to the woman;

"You still owe me a favour, Rita. Remember when you promised you would do something if neither of us spoke a word about what you are?"

Rita's eyes opened in alarm at her words before allowing the two of them in. Once the door had been closed and after she claimed that she had to do a charm that would stifle all of their exchanged words from anyone who might be listening, she turned to them and nodded. Harry tried his best to get the words out but for some reason his mouth just wasn't cooperating with him and Hermione saw this and instead took over;

"I assume you know of the events of last night, Miss. Skeeter?"

She bit her bright red lip and nodded. A confused look formed on her face as if she was wondering why they were bringing up the current talk of the day. Eventually Harry managed to get something out;