Outro

Erika was momentarily stunned as much as Hana and Lucy was when she saw Rucker, but her expression became childlike joy.

"Nii-san!"

Nii...san?

Lucy hadn't heard those words before, but as Erika rushed towards Rucker and hugged him, she assumed that it was referring to him?

Rucker had a smile on his face as well, so clearly the two knew each other.

"Sorry I haven't contacted you, but it was necessary."

"No, no, if nii-san had a reason for it, then I understand completely... But how did you know I would come here?"

"Ah, that's because of Narrator... I'll explain later, but for now-"

Lucy's eyes widened at the words that came out of his mouth next.

"-it's inconvenient to let Hana live at the moment. Could you hold back Lucy?"

...Huh...?

Lucy's mind was drawing a blank.

What did he mean that it was inconvenient to let Hana live?

What did he know about anything?

Lucy would be damned if she would just let him do that, and she doubted that Erika would listen to him.

"Haiii~"

But, the response was cheerful and immediate, and Lucy felt Erika's arms hold her up helplessly in the next instant.

"Wh- Erika, what the hell are you doing!?"

"Ah, sorry, sorry, but you see, Nii-san said so."

"Like I give a damn, let-me-goooo!"

Lucy kicked and flailed helplessly, but Erika was the oldest out of the three of them, as well as the strongest.

Lucy was unable to stomp her feet as well, as she was lifted up too high off the ground.

In the meanwhile, Rucker pulled out a knife and Hana, still recovering from crying and being in shock, was sluggish in her movements.

"Hana, run!"

Lucy yelled, realizing she was too weak to escape Erika's grasp, and Hana seemed to snap out of it.

She turned to run, but Rucker was already too close and grabbed her by the wrist.

Snapping back, Hana used her free hand to touch the hand that held her.

Yes!

Lucy cheered in her mind; Hana's power could now come into play!

Rucker had been foolish to touch her.

That's what Lucy thought, but then she observed something.

It was a pure black void, near where he reached to grab Hana.

"!!! Hana, he's-!"

The next instant, it was over.

A gash was across Hana's tiny, delicate throat.

The knife had a streak of blood running along it's edge and Rucker released his hold on Hana's wrist.

"You can let her go now."

The weight holding up Lucy was no more, and despite how much the scenes suddenness made her feel like it was too heavy to move, before she knew it, she was at Hana's side, kneeling beside her.

Hana's green eyes looked around wildly, and they seemed to be growing dimmer, unable to see Lucy.

She was still alive.