{Observation 9: Phoenix vs. Erika}

"After they see us, I don't think they'll run away."

Laurence was adjusting his scarf when Lucy stated that, and he turned to her.

"Hana is dead set on going through with this, so when we show up as hindrances, she'll want to make sure we can never interfere again."

"And she'll be fine with fighting you?"

"...I honestly don't know. If my memory is to be trusted, she's pretty stubborn... and vengeful."

"Vengeful? Did something happen to make her that way?"

Lucy simply nodded, not elaborating any further.

"She doesn't forgive, or forget. ...But I don't know how she'll act towards me. We were the closest things we had to sisters, Erika included, and this is the first time one of us has betrayed another, of course."

"You're worried that she'll treat you like everyone else she's vengeful towards."

"...Yeah."

Ruri then spoke towards the two.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but the sooner we get to them, the better. As for who's going, I suggest myself and Laurence. I'll be able to warn you if the chosen notice us, and Lucy doesn't seem ready to-"

"Don't decide that! ...I'm going, with or without your approval. She may hate me for it, but as much as that bothers me, I don't want her to get herself killed."

"Hm, alright. Myself, Laurence, and Lucy-"

"I'm not letting you go without me."

Birdy spoke up and Ruri looked at her with a troubled expression.

"Are you able to phase through walls without anyone seeing you?"

"No, of course no-"

"Denied."

"Will you stop deciding everything already!? I'm your sister!"

Ruri looked slightly taken aback by Birdy's tone, but then she straightened herself out.

"Rumi... But it's better if not all of us go-"

"Denied! I'm going too and that's final."

Ruri tried making a displeased expression, but everyone could see she was smiling.

"Fine, fine. In that case... Thomas, are you coming too?"

"Yeah, since it's usually better to stick together, in the end."

Laurence had finished latching on the last brace and put the goggles around his hooded head.

Lucy was covered with a small, hooded cloak, to hide her face, and was carrying her bag of various tools.

Thomas had a small knife for self-defense and hunting, Birdy had nothing, but could outrun anyone, and Ruri could avoid any trouble thanks to a system of spirits who cooperated with her (as doing nothing but floating around would have been boring).

"Let's not waste anymore time then."

They were prepared, one way or another.

* * * * *

They hastily made their way through alleyways, most hunters prowling them backing off from the numbers they had.

Two of them were kids, but that still didn't change the fact that they would be outnumbered if they tried anything.