Headcanon #7

How They Act When Drunk:

The boys are pretty mellow when they're drunk. Merritt and Danny are usually neutral because of how much they're used to alcohol. Jack is a bit of a party animal when drunk, though he handles it well in the morning the next day. It's the girls that everyone has to look out for, cause they're either extreme party animals or immensely sick when drunk.

One night, after a long day of trying to con tourists, Merritt realized he was still struggling with money, and he desperately needed it since he needed to help with the rent of the Horsemen's apartment. Danny, Henley, and Logan all basically pay the bills and offered to start up a conjoined account, but Merritt doesn't want to share a bank account with them cause the last time he did that, his brother took away every penny he had left. Yes, he still had trust issues.

He walked home that night, the busy streets and lights of New York made it almost daytime as he entered the apartment complex and walked up the stairs, grumbling about how he couldn't wait to get to bed.

Merritt enters the apartment to the radio jamming and Logan dancing in a not-so-sexy way around the living room. Jack and Danny were standing or sitting around, sober, with barely untouched beers in their hands, as they watched her in amusement and cheerful smiles. They laughed at her, but stop abruptly when Merritt entered. He grins at the sight of everyone so happy, and suddenly today's stress lifts from his shoulders.

"How drunk is she?"

"Very." Daniel chuckles as Logan ran to Merritt's open arms.

"Hi, Mert!" She giggled madly, hiccuping, "Is that a stick in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

"Both," he grins, liking this new side of her. Merritt kept Logan steady while looking up to meet Jack's gaze, "So where's our other Angel?"

"In the bathroom throwing up chunks."

"And you're partying without her?" Merritt shakes his head while making 'tsk tsk' noise.

"Hey! We've been checking up on her once in awhile...Danny mostly."

"Hang on, why ARE you guys partying? I swear to god I know I didn't miss a birthday."

Logan laughed while breaking away from Merritt and skipping to the bathroom, chirping Henley's name in the process. The mentalist looks back at the others, and noticed the uncomfortable looks on their faces. His jaw tightens,

"What's going on?"

"We're not exactly celebrating anything," Jack scratched the back of his head, "We're just...helping Logan drown her sorrows."

Merritt purses his lips then turns to Daniel for a better explanation, and he's never felt this paternal towards his other lovers as he does right now. Danny was the one to lock eyes with Merritt, while Jack avoids his gaze. The illusionist shifts slightly, pushing himself up away from the wall he was leaning on.

He sighs, "Logan lost her job today. They...They told her she wasn't good enough."

Merritt's mouth fell open in order to say something, but nothing comes out. For a moment, and for once in his life, he didn't know what to say.

"That...doesn't make any sense."

"Right?" Jack sighed angrily, "Can you imagine? That's been her dream job her whole life...I can't even begin to understand what she's feeling right now. The one thing she's wanted to do her whole life...the one job she put her heart and soul into, and they tell her she's not good enough?"

"So you give her alcohol?" Merritt's tone goes flat as his eyes squint at the two younger males.

Danny shifts slightly and finally loses the ability to look Merritt in the eye, "We were...worried. She was so sad, and depressed. We thought she might do something to...hurt herself."