Headcanon #4

How They Deal With Dreams:

Jack and Logan are both used to suffering alone, therefore, whenever they had a nightmare, they would wake normally. And sometimes, you couldn't even tell they were awake unless you were close to them, where you could hear their rapid breathing as they try to calm themselves down and go back to sleep. They always tried to suck it up on their own, but the paranoia usually kicks in and as much as they want someone with them, they couldn't bring themselves to get up and find someone. They were too worried about what other people might think about them having nightmares, so they suffered alone.

Danny, Henley, and Merritt are always used to someone sleeping next to them, even if it was a one night stand. Once the Horsemen got together, they all had their separate rooms. Merritt found himself sitting up right once he woke from a nightmare, and no matter what time it was, he took that as his cue to get up for the day. He'd go to the kitchen to make some coffee. It could be 3 or 4 in the morning, and he'd be alone. Sometimes, Henley and Danny would wake earlier then usual, and either one would gladly wrap their arms around Merritt's torso from behind, letting him know that he wasn't alone and it was just a nightmare.

Those three didn't exactly know Jack and Logan had nightmares like that at first. They had always thought those two never had nightmares and would sleep like babies. But once all five of them started being in a relationship, they had sold all their beds in order to buy one large one for all of them. It was originally Merritt and Henley's idea, because they were sick and tired of sleeping alone. Danny wouldn't admit it, but so was he. Jack and Logan didn't exactly have an opinion on it. Both were a little skeptical at the idea. Logan was a little insecure about her sleeping habits. When she was a little girl, she used to sleep walk, now she has problems breathing while she slept so her nose whistled. And not to mention she didn't want to wake up to Merritt one morning and have him tease her about what she talks about in her sleep. Jack could care less about his sleeping habits, all he does is snore, but he was so used to sleeping alone.

The other three finally realized this when they finally found a bed. Logan had made the comment that maybe they should also buy a twin sized bed in case someone wanted to sleep alone in a separate room. Merritt and Henley immediately suspected something once Jack had agreed with Logan.

Danny was the first to realize something was wrong. When they had all huddled in for the night in the same room for the first time, he noticed how tense the estranged two were being. He couldn't tell if they were just uncomfortable sharing rooms or what, he just couldn't help but realize Jack had gotten out of bed to sleep on the couch around midnight, when he had thought everyone was asleep.

It was probably week three of sharing the room, and Jack and Logan have let their guard down, giving into the other's wishes and sleeping on the same bed as the rest of them. However, Logan had let her guard down too soon and woke from a nightmare. But like usual, she woke up normally, with her eyes opening and breathing regularly, until she plays back what she dreamt about and her heart starts racing uncontrollably.

Henley was a light sleeper, so she must have heard the other woman moving back and forth in the position between herself and Danny. Henley noticed the look on her face, and she was scared of something. Her whole body went completely stiff when Henley wrapped her arm around her and coached her to go back to sleep.

Henley told the other two early birds what she had discovered about Jack and Logan that night, and they all decide to confront them.

At first, the two denied it of course, but after awhile they warmed up, and soon enough they got used to sleeping with the others. The warmth of the others would always bring them to sleep and dream only of good things. And if any one of them woke from a nightmare, the other four were there to cuddle in next to them.