"It's complicated. Jamie, that's his boyfriend's name and of course my boss', he doesn't treat Niall right. He's very rude towards him, even in front of other people." 

"So Niall's in an abusive relationship or is it just a lover's quarrel they seem to have a bit too much?"

"I would say that it's abusive. Physically - not so much, as far as I know but mentally - Jamie has managed to break Niall down a few too many times." He briefly recalled the time when Niall had just let himself go in his presence, crying and yelling. The time they had shared their first kiss. 

"And what has that boy got to do with you?" Anne asked curiously, making Harry bite his lips. He wanted to lie straight through his teeth, just say that there was nothing going on because really, there was absolutely no relationship between him and Niall anymore. They were going to go back to their professional relationship from tomorrow onward but he still couldn't deny the feelings just brimming in his heart. 

"I am in love with him. It's been long but in the short span of time, he has somehow managed to become my everything." And the final truth really did make Harry smile, even if it was a sad one filled with so many tears because he might never have the one person he genuinely fell in love with. 

...

Niall got his tie in place, adjusting it so that nothing was out of line before styling his hair neatly into a quiff. He had been told to arrive at a five star hotel for dinner, Jamie's request but really, all the blonde wanted right now was some McDonald's and maybe an ice cream from a local parlor on the way home. But then again, you can't always have what you want. 

Making sure he had his wallet and cellphone on him, Niall quickly locked the door, getting inside the sleek black limo that was waiting for him in the driveway. He waved a small hand towards the crowd of girls and media reporters lining up behind him. Thankfully, they weren't that huge in number but Niall still didn't mind the crowd at all. Sure he was claustrophobic but he loved meeting the people who had supported him from the start. 

The blonde got inside the car, smiling brightly for the fans even though half of them couldn't even see him from the tinted black windows. He leaned back against the seat, closing his eyes shut and inhaling deeply. There was a lot on his mind. The possibility of this "date" with Jamie becoming a complete disaster was one of them. He knew Harry was going to be there, not as Niall's own bodyguard anymore but rather as Jamie's. Just like how it was in the beginning. 

"Sir. We've arrived. Mr. Dakota is waiting for you." The soft voice of the driver made Niall open his blue eyes, frowning when he noticed that the car had already stopped and was now parked outside the main entrance of the hotel gate. He got out of it quickly, feeling grateful that there were no paps out there and walked inside the shiny doors and overly bright floor tiles. Everything about five star hotels was just always too overpriced and almost too much. But Niall was almost used to this lifestyle now. He was used to dining with important people and faking smiles. Basically, he was used to being 'fake.' 

"Niall, love." The annoying voice of his own lover caught Niall's attention, making him smile wide, a fake one but there were people in the room who truly did believe it was real. he walked towards the black haired man who was smiling a bit too much in his direction. From the corner of his eyes, Niall could see Harry standing a bit away from the seat that was reserved for them, arms brought together in the front and his hair styled beautifully. For a brief moment, he was tempted to go there and just snatch the bandanna that was lying in his back pocket and wrap it around Harry's forehead before pushing it back. He knew the brunette preferred to have his hair pushed back.