Chapter 5

Niall walked inside the dim lit house without any glances towards the bike roaring away. He could still feel the way Harry's mild stubble felt against his lips and just that thought, that feeling, was enough to have him blushing for hours. 

Creeping inside the house, the blonde wondered whether it would have been justified to have called Louis for meeting somewhere else. He knew that the brunette must be busy with taking care of his little baby sisters and brother and Niall didn't want to be a bother between their family time. Even though Louis was just like his very own brother, his best mate, and possibly the only person whom Niall could depend on, but yet the blonde didn't want to take the brunette away from his family and responsibilities. 

"Hey you." Niall gasped when the sudden whisper reached his ear, making him quickly place a hand to his chest, trying to calm down the erratic beats of his heart. He turned around to see a smiling Louis staring at him, wide blue eyes looking utterly amused, hair tousled because of lack of sleep and his red stripe shirt giving him the look of a high school dork. 

"You scared me, Lou." The blonde whimpered, quickly wrapping his arms around the older boy's neck in a friendly hug. He inhaled the smell that was just purely Louis, roses and peaches mixed together and it made him feel like everything was alright.  That they were back to how they used to be, there was no Jamie in their lives and for a second, Niall felt like he was back in Ireland. 

"That was not my intention but who the fuck was the handsome hunk who dropped you here? Are you cheating on Jamie? Please tell me you're cheating on that cunt." Louis rambled, causing Niall to chuckle at the venom laced in his voice every time he even spoke of Jamie. The hatred was obvious and fairly mutual, Jamie himself was never very fond of Louis, said that such people don't have to be a part of Niall's success. It was stupid because Niall surely never asked for Jamie's opinion over whom he could befriend or not. And he was never going to let Louis go, no matter what he did. Louis was his only hope of sanity in a world so damn chaotic. 

"I am not cheating on Jamie.  I can't do that. And that was Harry, Jamie's bodyguard. He's looking after me while Jamie is away for work." Niall sighed, ruffling his blonde hair up and mentally taking note to get them dyed again. He hated it whenever the brunette roots would just start showing, reminding him of the past and what could have been. He didn't like feeling regretful. That was the last thing he needed on his list. 

"Well he's hot and I saw you kissing him so surely something must be going on. You can't stay forever with a person you don't even love. Maybe this Harry guy will be a nice change for you." The older of the two, walked them outside the house, being careful in his steps and for a brief moment, Niall felt a shiver of fear run down his spine, thinking back on the three hooligans who had stopped him on the way. He hated how his body would just freeze at such moments, when it was needed the most for him to react, to do something to defend himself, but all Niall could do was stand there and think of so many situations, situations where he was stronger and had more power and control over his own self. But that never happened. That would never happen. 

"He's just doing his job Louis. I'm pretty sure that he won't ever feel anything for the guy who faints in public and can't even stand up for himself against his own boyfriend." Niall felt an unknown amount of guilt surround him for some reason. He often understood why Jamie was hard on him. Niall was just embarrassing to be with. He was clumsy and he couldn't even defend himself. He stuttered a lot when nervous and he eats like a pig when he's hungry. He was basically the most unsophisticated person alive, even though he tried hard to be whatever people wanted him to be. 

"He seems to be doing a really good job." Niall frowned, noticing Louis nudging his sides while glancing at something at quite a distance. The blonde shook his head, turning around to see whatever Louis was smirking at but started blushing furiously when he noticed the direction of his gaze. 

"What the actual -" The blonde stopped himself from completing the entire sentence, noticing that Harry was actually staring at the two. It was weird how there were butterflies in his stomach when he stared at those green eyes, pretty sure that they were looking his way even though the brunette was standing at quite a distance.  The bandanna wrapped neatly around his forehead and his leather jacket lay on the bike, revealing the white plain shirt he had been wearing underneath. Niall noticed how the shirt gave away absolutely everything. The tattoos, the muscles flexing underneath, the neat array of abs. Involuntarily, the blonde licked his lips, quickly blushing when he noticed Harry smirking, revealing that he had been caught in the mildly naughty act. 

"And you said nothing was going on when he's clearly waiting for you, staring at you and you're blushing like a tomato." Louis pointed out, feeling a bit giddy for his best mate. 

"He's just watching out for me. Something happened on the way here and it's his job to defend me." The blonde excused, turning his gaze away from those hypnotic green eyes.  It was scary how Harry , the guy whom he didn't even know the first thing about, was making him feel everything. Niall could literally feel his heart beating quickly in his chest, his breathing become labored by every passing second, the butterflies running wild in his stomach and the profuse red blush covering his cheeks. Everything that was happening way because of Harry Styles. 

"Whatever you say Horan. But if anything ever sparks between you two, then please let it happen and don't fight it." The way Louis said was enough to scare Niall a bit, of the concept of love and what Louis was basically hinting. It was weird because the blonde had never even given any thought to love before and he was damn sure that what he was feeling towards Harry was not love, not yet at least. He didn't think he was fit to even fall in love with anyone. He knew he couldn't fight for it, he couldn't do anything that was required to do when in love. So Niall backed away, turning his head from staring at Harry and focused on Louis instead. 

"I can't fight against something which won't even happen." 

AN/ Okay...this was utter crap but I wanted people to know something about Louis' character. It's basically the same as the Louis in BHC lol. Just less playful and more sensitive. 

I wasn't originally going to update because I'm out vacationing and it's horrible. I hate being the center of attention so damn much when it's not for anything like prizes or awards. Lmao. I'm a greedy bitch :P 

Please don't tell me to make my chapters longer because that just won't happen. I will make them long when I feel that it's right to do so much right now, if you want frequent updates, then please bare with the small chapters. 

Anyways, what's your thoughts on the chapter? 

Thoughts on Niall thinking so low of himself? Do you think he's right though?

Thoughts on Louis? 

Thoughts on Harry? 

Why do Louis and Jamie hate each other ? Any clue? 

NEXT UPDATE WHEN THIS CHAPTER GETS 80+ VOTES AND 30+ COMMENTS!

IF YOU LOVE ZIALL, THEN I HAVE A NEW ZIALL FICTION CALLED "UNKNOWN" OUT. PLEASE GIVE IT A READ BECAUSE I'M SO TEMPTED TO DELETE IT LOL