Chapter 21: Kikyo

Masaru's POV

"K-Kikyo?" I muttered.

She just stared back at me I didn't know what to do. I was told she has died and now I see her here.

"By the look on your face someone told you I was dead." She stated.

"Inuyasha told me."

She flinched ever so slightly at the sound of his name. Then I remembered what Inuyasha had told me a while back the name of his former lover was Kikyo.

"So your traveling with Inuyasha and his little group then?" She asked.

"Yeah I am and they told me that you and Inuyasha used to be lovers." I mentioned.

"Yes, but then he betrayed me!" She exclaimed.

My claws twitched and my teeth clenched.

"Tell me about this betrayal." I said coldly.

She told me about the way he betrayed her and took the jewel. She told me how he was the cause of her death and how she was revived.

The feeling I realized I had for Inuyasha were pushed aside and replaced with hatred. Hatred I felt for someone killing my own flesh and blood.

"How are your parents?" She asked.

"The humans from our village killed them two years ago." I told her.

"What about Akihiko?" She questioned.

"Killed by humans from his village." I told her.

After some awkward silence she told me how she kept herself alive. She needed the soul collectors to collect souls for her.

"Kikyo you've changed. Your not the same I knew. Your colder and vengeful." I told her.

"Why don't you call me auntie you used to when you were younger?" She asked.

"Because I'm not a pup anymore." I said.

She simply gave me a small nod. Time was passing and I totally forgot about Inuyasha and the others. We were sitting at the Goshinboku's base having small talk every once in a while.

Once the sun had started setting she stood up.

"I must be going now." She said once again using a cold voice.

"I understand." I nodded.

"You can't tell anyone you saw me." She said coldly.

I nodded even though she wasn't looking at me.

"Masaru, thank you for talking to me like family." She whispered.

"Don't you talk with Kaede?" I asked.

"She doesn't talk to me the way you do. She doesn't know the feeling of needing revenge. You on the other hand understand that feeling perfectly well." She explained.

When she reminded me of revenge I remembered she was dead and the reason she was dead was because of Inuyasha.

My claws twitched I slightly neared my fangs. I felt my eyes start to turn red. Myou was starting to slowly take over from my anger and hatred.

I started to walk back to Kaede's village where the gang still was.

When I was in contact with the village I saw Inuyasha perched on a tree the others were probably inside the village.

I walked over to the tree Inuyasha was sitting at. Once he noticed me he jumped down from the tree and landed in front of me.

"What took you so damn long?" He asked irritated.

"Murderer." I mumbled.

Before he could say another word I punched him in the face sending him flying into the village and onto someone's hut.

I ran into the village my eyes becoming more tainted with red. All the villagers were now gathering up and seeing what was going on.

He stood up and took out his Tetsaiga. I took out my fire katana. The rest of the gang and Kaede ran over to where Inuyasha and I were standing.

"What's going on?" Asked Kagome.

"Guys look!" Izumi exclaimed pointing at my red tinted eyes.

"Myou? But it's not the full moon." Wandered Akio.

"That's Masaru." Informed Inuyasha.

"But she has the red eyes." Stated Miroku.

"Didn't you notice Myou doesn't use weapons she uses her fists." Explained Inuyasha

"So your not as stupid as I thought." I glared.

"Then what's going on?" Asked Shippo hiding behind Kagome.

"Hellfire!" I yelled.

I stab the ground with my sword and flames emerged from the ground under Inuyasha. Covering him in flames.

"Why are you doing this?!" Exclaimed Sango.

"Because, he killed a person from my family and its unforgivable!" I yelled.

"I didn't kill anyone!" Inuyasha yelled back.

"Liar!" I exclaimed.

I pulled out my lightning sword leaving my fire sword in the ground. I charged towards him lighting sword at hand.

He jumped out of the way but when he landed the flames emerged from the ground under him again.

"What's with these flames?!" Yelled Inuyasha.

As the flames covered him I jumped at him now I was holding him down. He couldn't move away and his sword has fallen out of his hand.

"You killed Kikyo." I whispered.