Chapter 20: Questions

Izumi's POV
"Do you have anymore sibling?" Asked Sango.

"Yeah a younger brother, Haru." I stated.

Then I heard a low groan. I looked over to Masaru who was waking up.

Masaru's POV
I started to open my eyes them a bright light. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I realized the gang was sitting around me. I slowly sat up and looked at each one of them.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Well they wanted to know more about you so I'm letting them ask any questions they want." Informed Izumi.

"So what's the next question?" Asked Akio.

"Masaru, do you like Inuyasha?" Asked Kagome.

I felt a small blush on my face. Then everyone was looking at me.

"N-No of course not why would I like some ignorant jerk like him!" I exclaimed.

I heard Kagome let out a small breath. Inuyasha had this weird look on his face. Izumi had a look of 'yeah right' along with Sango and Miroku. Shippo was just confused.

'What is this weird feeling all of a sudden. They just ask about me liking Inuyasha and suddenly I there's a feeling. Maybe I do like Inuyasha. No that's ridiculous.' I thought.

"How old are you?" Asked Shippo.

"Fifteen." I said.

"What about in demon years?" Asked Miroku.

"229." I said.

"Your so old!" Exclaimed Shippo.

"What was that you little runt." I glared.

"Nothing." He hid behind Kagome.

"I thought so."

"Masaru, Izumi had told us you have a younger brother. What happened to him?" Asked Sango.

"I don't know what happened to him. When our parents were killed we all ran. So I don't know anything about him." I clenched my fists as I talked.

"Can you tell us about the day your parents died?" Asked Kagome.

I started growling and glaring at Kagome.

"It's okay Kagome I'll tell you." Stated Izumi.

Izumi's POV
"It happened about two years ago." I said.

Flashback

Haru, Mom, and I were inside out hut while Masaru and Dad were outside. After some time Dad called for us to go outside, so we all went outside.

When were outside I saw Dad and Masaru surrounded by the villagers who were holding weapons.

The villagers attacked, Mom and Dad told us to run. I started running east and I didn't see where Haru or Masaru ran to.

A little time passed and I heard a scream, not any scream Mom's scream followed by the scent of Mom's blood mixed with Dad's.

I automatically knew they were dead and Masaru and possibly Haru knew as well.

End of flashback

When I finished I saw Masaru stand up with her fists clenched and walk outside growling.

"Is she okay?" Asked Shippo.

"She gets like that when anyone mentions her parents." Answered Akio.

"Akio what happened to you and Makatza's parents?" Asked Miroku.

"Thy were killed by human just like Masaru and Izumi's parents."

"Oh." Said Kagome.

"How are you guys not all closed up like Inuyasha and Masaru?" Asked Shippo.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Yelled Inuyasha.

"Well all these years I've had Makatza and she's always happy so I was never sad." I formed Akio.

"I just can't think about killing its not in my blood I hate it and we'll I don't like humans that's true but I wouldn't kill them either." I stated.

"How is Masaru different?" Asked Sango.

"Child Masaru has more demon blood in her veins than human. She will kill without hesitation, but she's smart enough to know when to just keep her guard...well sometimes. She's a hunter and violent when necessary. But she's a good person." Explained Kaede.

Masaru's POV

I was sitting outside the village perched on a tree waiting for the gang to finish in the village. I had my eyes closed and was relaxing.

Then a familiar scent hit my nose.

Oranges, trees, priestess but it was different his time it was mixed with dirt and death.

I jumped off the tree and ran towards the scent. It was in the direction of the Goshinboku. (A.N the Goshinboku is the life tree the really big important tree inuyasha was sealed to)

When I reached the Tree my eyes widened.

She was sitting in front of the tree surrounded by soul collectors in her regular priestess outfit. Her black hair in a pony tail and her bow at her side. I stood in front of her speechless.

"Hello Masaru." She said her voice cold.

"K-Kikyo?"