"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, thanks for askin." I said. He smiled and looked at me.

"So wanna hang with me?"

"Sure" Wow, my first friend since pre-kinder garden, the age of 4 years old. He helped me up and we walked outside. We walked down the sidewalk of the school and then an older lady came. I assume it's his mom or older sister.

"Hey Jayden, meet a new friend?" She asked and then looked at me.

"Yeah mom, I did. She's really nice" He said. I smiled and he took his mom's hand.

"Bye" He said. I waved goodbye and he left with mom. I walked down the sidewalk and made my way home. No one is else, just me. Soda picks Pony up after school. I walk home alone, sometimes Johnny or Two-bit come and get me.

I opened the door to the house and walked in. I left the door open and went to my room. I don't play with dolls, or play with jewellery and do dress up. I'm a greaser, leather jackets and bad girl side. Not rich little snobby princess. I hate them a lot.

"Zay, we're home" Soda yelled. I sat at my desk and played with my fingers. I bet the gang is here too. I can hear them, they're loud when combined all together.

"Zay!" Two-bit shouted. They all started yelling my name. My door opened and one of them walked in. I kept my head down and my hair in my face.

"There you are" Ponyboy said.

"Been here since I came from school"

"How was school?"

"Great, I guess"

"You okay Zay?"

"Yeah why?"

"Because you ain't looking at me or seeing the gang"

"Tired from school, that's all"

"I'll leave ya alone" He got up and left my room and shut the door. I crawled into bed and pulled up the covers over my head. I threw my pillow on the floor and closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and sat up in my big bed. I rubbed my eyes and sat on the edge of the bed. I can hear the others outside talking. Darry's not home yet if it's this loud in here. I got up and walked out to the living room. I plopped down on the couch next to Johnny. I stuck a pillow in my face so they can't see my face.

"Hey kiddo, what's up?" Johnny asked.

"Nothing at all. I'm bored" I said. He picked me up and I dropped the pillow on the floor beside me. He took my hair out of my face and I put my head down. I don't want Johnny to be worried about me.

"You okay Zay?"

"She's been like that since I saw her after school" Ponyboy said. He lifted my head and made me look at him. I didn't want him to find out this way.

"What happened?" He asked. I sat there and I didn't want to say nothin. I sat there on Johnny's lap and looked at him.

"What happened to who?" Darry asked walking in the door.

"Zay" Johnny said. Darry dropped his things and picked me up off of Johnny.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"I fell at school and then I ran into a tree" I said. Johnny looked at me and I looked away so he couldn't give me away.

"You sure?" Pony asked.

"Yes, why don't you believe me?" I asked. Darry put me down and I ran to my room. I slammed the door shut and jumped on my bed. The door opened and Johnny came in. He sat next to me on the bed.