5| Escaped And On The Run...Well Fly

Start bij het begin

I looked frantically for the marked trees, and coincidentally we weren't far from our territory. The tranquilizers hadn't been able to keep us out for long.

Adrenaline rushing through me, I flew through the hunting territory, and into ours quicker than ever. I was flying so fast I nearly crashed into my front door.

Throwing it open, it rammed into the wall leaving a visible dent. My dad looked up at me from his book, quizzically.

"Mason... got captured... we have to go!" I yelled, between breaths.

He had jumped up from his chair and run out the door before I could even say anything else. Throwing out his wings he flew towards the council to inform them on the matter. I could only hope they would be quick.

I grabbed the walkie, yelling into it for Brianna. As I ran through the house frantically, pacing from the door to the kitchen, I saw Hunter enjoying himself on the couch.

"You know this is your fault!" I screamed at him eager to place the blame.

He looked at me confused. Ugh I hate him!

"You brought the stupid humans here, into our home, and now they've taken Mason!" His face looked slightly shocked like he hadn't heard anything I had been yapping about to my dad, or to my mom, or even on the phone.

"Wait they came into your territory?" He asked watching me closely.

I only nodded furiously. He nodded in response. He took something from his pocket, and was looking at it.

"Hey wait a minute! That's the phone!"

"Shhh! Shut up!"

"Don't tell me to shut u–"

"Shit!"

"What?!" I yelled angrily.

"They have him," he said forgetting to elaborate anymore.

"No shit! And who is they?!" I asked, yelling again.

"No one," he muttered.

"Come on I know where they are."

He grabbed my hand, and ran out the door with me. I hope he wasn't leading me into a trap but right now it's the only lead we have. It was the only way I would be able to find Mason.

"PAN!" Brianna screamed from above me.

I looked up, shielding my eyes from the sun, I saw Brianna. Landing in the ground she started bombarding me with questions.

"We don't have time for this! We need to go find-"

"Woah you guys aren't going anywhere! You need to stay here where it's safe.

The three of us turned around and saw Benjamin, one of the newest council members and incredibly annoying. I glared at Benjamin.  He was always yelling at the young children trying to fly or play. Of course they weren't supposed to be flying, but he really was a party pooper.

I looked towards Brianna, nodded towards Hunter and winked. She winked back and looked again at Benjamin who was eyeing Hunter suspiciously. He didn't suspect a thing.