Prologue

*Taylor on picture*

When I opened my eyes, I felt like my head was gonna explode. My eyes were watery and my whole body was in pain. It took me a few seconds to regain my sight and when I finally did I saw something so terrible that I wish I hadn't. I was lying on a brick or a wall of some kind and more than 1 km around me was destroyed. I was lying in the middle of a street and all the buildings around me had been turned into ash.

"What the hell I going on?"

I stood up and began walking even if it was hard. I looked around and tried calling to see if there was someone around me that needed help. I heard a helicopter, and looked up into the shining sun that was brighter than ever and blinded me a few seconds. The helicopter landed on one of the buildings that were still standing and 5-10 men ran out of the helicopter with guns. They looked like the military and decided to ask them what was going on and who could have done this. The pain was almost gone, but suddenly when I started to walk something was pushed into my back and the person behind me yelled:

"Stop and put your hands up!"

Of course I did what he said, no question asked. The military had now surrounded me and I did not know what was happening. Do they think I did this? The gun in my back was pressed harder to the point where I would have a mark later. The man behind my back gestured that I start walking towards the helicopter. While walking I looked around and saw the horror around me. There were bodies everywhere; they were pulverized to ash, but still remained in the shape of a body. Feeling my stomach flip over was one of the worst things ever, but seeing this horror was far worse.

I had stopped walking and the guy pushed me in the back which made me fall. My face drained off all its color and black spots were clouding my vision. Someone pulled my arm and I was again standing on my feet - this time unsteady. The gun was removed from my back and a man with black hair, tan skin, a strong jaw and gorgeous blue and grey eyes came into view. I had never felt safer in another present. His gaze looked right into my soul, but I knew right there that nothing would happen. My green eyes met his and I could see the rage beneath; he hated me and I did not even understand why. How could this happen? I was not capable of creating a blast this size; even a small one at that.

This could not be happening - this had to be a dream...! My body was like a doll when transferred into the helicopter while the guns never did leave their target; which was me. After some time, the helicopter arrived at a facility. The whole building was green like the moss surrounding the area, probably because they did not want to be seen from the air. Again a gun was planted into my back and I was told to remain calm and not do anything stupid; really? That was the stupidest thing ever - if I did blow up that city then it was not exactly the advice I would be following.

After we arrived inside I was put in a holding cell with 5-10 soldiers outside. I was linked to a table while sitting on an uncomfortable chair. The headache and dizziness gone, but the feeling of bile in my throat was still present.

The door opened and in came the guy who made me feel safe. He positioned himself in front of me even though the rest of the group outside did not approve by their expression. The man cleared his throat to catch my attention and I did so while voicing a question.

"Why am I here? Who are you people and what happened to that city?"

The guy's eyes narrowed and I could see that he did not buy the underlining in my questions, when they was 100% sure that I was the cause of the explosion; me being the only one alive and all.

"My name is Captain Hugh. I am here to question you about the blast that happened September 23, at 14:56. But first tell me; What is your name?"

I looked at Captain Hugh and was paralyzed. September 23? Isn't it the 20th today? Hugh could probably see the confusion reflected in my eyes, but did not comment it any further. After gathering myself I finally answered his question.

"It is Taylor. My name is Taylor."

Hugh nodded and kept asking questions. By the time he was done the room was darkly lit and the moon was high in the sky. My questions did not get answered as Hugh did not believe my confusion about the subject. He soon exited the door and I was left to myself. Not even a bed to sleep on and still handcuffed to the table. At last I just decided to rest my head on the table as I was exhausted. Hoping that this would all be a dream the next morning, with that thought I fell asleep.

*****

It had now been a month after the blast and of course I was not lucky enough that all this was a dream. Every day Hugh would come into the room to ask me the same questions as in the beginning. Unfortunately I could still not answer then except for the first about my name. Why ask the same question each day? I was about to explode, but that would not get me anywhere. As the days went by Hugh's presents was growing inside me; every time I was him, I had to hold myself back from kissing him. I dreamt about him, fantasized about him and almost jerked off thinking about him; well until I was interrupted by the man himself.

I had been removed into another room where there were a bedroom and bathroom. The food was brought by the soldiers probably because they did not want me having 'weapons' in here. I thought a lot about how my life was before this; going to college, hanging out with my friends, meeting new people and visiting my family. Did they even know that I am here or do they think I am dead because of the blast? One thing for sure; I was happy that they were out of town when all this happened. I just hope my friends made it.

I suddenly awake from my sleep - not even realizing when I fell asleep - to hear the door to my residents slide open in a really creepy way. I stood up and checked, but there was no one outside. The hallway was blinking red and was the only light in the dark. I could not hear anything else; yelling, shouting nor people running. What is happening? This was my chance to get out of here, but do I take it? I started arguing with myself, but decided to go through with it in the end.

Slowly creeping outside and hiding when someone came by was not easy, but I still made it. The wind playing with my hair and the smell of the forest was something I really missed. I started walking down a little forest path and came to a clearing. I had been walking for a long time when, I ended up on a cliff with a view over a little town called 'Mountain High'. Finding a hotel was easy and after some time I was laying in a queen sized bed. Was this really for the best? Should I maybe go back or wait till they find me?

Then the idea came - I would run and hide. They will never find me and after some time they will probably leave me alone went another accident do not happen. Because I am sure - I was not the cause. 

****1365 words****