Guide Me (Blind!Nico)

Start from the beginning

You made sure to walk at a pace he was comfortable at, walking were there was less people around.

Nico was memorizing the steps he took, counting each one.

You both visit Jason and Piper, having a small cheerful conversation with them before they have to leave to train with Percy and Annabeth.

"(y/n), can I try walking back to the cabin by myself?" Nico asks as you step off the porch of the Zeus cabin.

"Are you sure, Nico?" You ask softly.

Nico had been persistent with gaining his independence ever since they released him from the infirmary, always wanting to do things by himself.

But this wasn't like putting on a shirt, this was a big step.

"Yeah," he breaths in response.

"Okay, I'm gonna let you go." You say softly and release his arm.

Nico nods, slowly stepping forward as he counts his steps, you following behind.

He was doing well until he lost count and stopped, beginning to panic as he reaches around blindly for you. He was unable to find you or feel you within his arm's reach.

"(y/n)?" He asks hurriedly with a worried tone and you rush to him.

"I'm right here, Nico," you say quickly and grab onto his arm.

"I-I lost count." He stammers and you nod.

"It's okay, Nico, you were doing great and plus, not everyone gets it perfect on the first try. It just takes practice." You assure him and he nods.

You lead him back to the Hades cabin and sit him down on the couch, turning on the TV as a background noise for him.

"I'm gonna get a quick shower in my cabin, but I'll be right back, okay?" You ask Nico and he nods.

"Try not to accidentally hurt yourself while I'm gone." You say lightheartedly and kiss his cheek.

He hears you exit the cabin and sits in silence, the drone of the TV the only thing he could hear.

Nico felt useless to you, wondering why you ever stayed. How could he protect his girlfriend when he was blind? He couldn't be the man you needed when he was useless.

He sits still and waits for you to come back, wishing to see your face one last time.

The memory of your beautiful features were slipping away from him and that was the worst part.

"Nico, I'm back and I brought some snacks," you chirp as you reenter the cabin.

You wore your pajamas with Nico's skeleton slippers on your feet, you hair damp from your shower.

Sometimes Chiron would allow you to stay the night only because of Nico's disability, entrusting you two not to do things against the rules.

"Why do you stay?" Nico suddenly blurts, the question knawing at his insides.

"What?" You ask with a worried tone, stepping to your boyfriend.

"I'm useless to you, I can't help you in any way or protect you. You deserve better than me." Nico breathes, voicing his doubt.

"Oh, Nico, don't ever say that." You say and hurry to him, sitting down beside him.

You rub his shoulder sympathetically and caress his jaw, kissing his cheek lovingly.

"But it's true. I'm not worth you." Nico whispers sadly and leans into your touch.

"Nico, you're the Ghost King, no blindness will make that any different. And do not ever put worth on yourself or myself because I love you and what we become in the end doesn't matter as long as we're strong together." You say comfortingly.

Nico leans against you, squeezing his eyes shut and holding onto your bicep tightly.

He nuzzles his nose into your cheek and pecks his lips against your skin.

"I love you too," he whispers and you smile.

"I'll always be here, Nico, I don't plan on going anywhere." You say gently and he sighs in relief.

Nico admired your adoration and loyalty, he loved the way you stuck to one thing and didn't give it up even when deemed hopeless.

Nico was deemed hopeless and you didn't give up on him.

He loved your bravery through the bad times and how you yet stayed gentle and kind. His mind may have been a sickly place but you seemed to ease his pain to a dull throb.

He traces his hand to your chin, his thumb brushing over your bottom lip.

"That's where your lips are." Nico hums in conclusion and guides his lips to yours.

You smile against his lips, gently cupping his porcelain face in your hands.

You wondered how your boyfriend managed to have more plush lips than a pillow. The minty tingles of his lips left yours shortly; the kiss short, but savoringly sweet.

You laid by his side during the night on the couch, curled together in a cute embrace. He loved to nuzzle his head into your neck and give you small neck kisses that made you giggle the cutest little laugh, sometimes snorting.

But he loved it when you snorted, even if he teased you a little about it.

He didn't need to see to know you were there all throughout the night.

Because he felt your body underneath his fingers and the pulse of your neck underneath his soft lips.

And he was never left in the dark because you were his light at the end of the tunnel.