Tea and Bagels (Harry)

"You better start the car and be ready on time. Don't leave me out there freezing my ass off." I tell Harry through the land line phone. I know, a land line phone. I can't believe we still have one. Last week my iPhone went down the toilet thanks to Harry. He came over one day to take me to iHop and he knocked my phone into the toilet while I was doing my makeup. Now I have to go iPhoneless for the rest of the month and October just started.

"I won't Rosemary. I'm starting the car now. Be ready in 10 minutes." Of course I'm already ready. So I go into the kitchen to make Harry and I tea for this morning. We have this weird obsession with tea and bagels. Every morning I make tea and Harry make bagels. It's our breakfast everyday during the school year. 10 minutes later, I hear Harry's car pull up and I grab my backpack and our tea. Once inside the vehicle, we exchange our teas and bagels and we head for school. While eating my bagel with one hand, I reach down and grab my book and I start to read.

"Why are you reading this early? It's so dark out." With the bagel in my mouth, I grab my mini flashlight that I keep with keys and I shine it on the book. "Happy now?" I say with my mouth full of bagel. "Yes, yes I am Rosie. Don't wan't to mess up your vision, now don't we?" I roll my eyes and I go back to reading.

"They're getting married!" I screech at the top of my lungs, I'm so emotional about the proposal that I start balling. "They're finally getting married! I can't believe Daemon did that!" I clutch the book to my chest as I cry over the proposal over Daemon Black and Katy Swartz. Harry looks at me and rolls his eyes. "Is it necessary for you to scream and cry while I'm driving?" I raise my eyebrow in disbelief. Did he really ask that question? He knows I'm a bookworm and loves to read books. "Be quiet and let me read my book." I curse under my breath and give him the middle finger, causing him to laugh for the rest of the car ride.

Before Harry gets our running gear out of the trunk, I explain the book I was reading in the car. He thinks it's stupid and it's about a cheesy romance. But it's not. That's what I'm trying to convince him that it's not some sappy romance. But in reality it is. Oh well, I'm a hopeless romantic. As we walk towards my locker, Harry sees his girlfriend and he hugs me goodbye. "Give me the book in Biology, I want to see how badly written it is." Harry whispers in my ear which causes me to laugh out loud. I playfully hit him in the chest and continue the walk towards my locker. Only to be stopped by Claire, a friend I've known since seventh grade."Hey girl, got any leftover bagels?" She says as she looks in my backpack. "I have some leftover tea but no bagels." Claire makes a disgusted look and she shakes her head. "I don't know how you have time to make tea everyday. And how can you drink it? Tea's disgusting." She wrinkles her nose to motion her disgust for tea. "Harry makes it everyday for us, and I bring the bagels everyday. I love tea by the way. Only the good kind, the kind Harry gets from his grandma in England." I look around me and most of the people in the hallway had already gone to homeroom. I start walking to my homeroom along with Claire. "So how's Harry? Did he break up with that bitch yet?" I stop in the middle of our walk and I stared at Claire incredulously. "What? That girl Harry's dating is a bitch." Claire defends herself. "No he hasn't and I don't think he will. Alice is not a bitch, we talk and she seems pretty nice." Claire snorts and starts laughing. "Nice? Have you seen the way she acts when she sees you and Harry? She looks like she wants to kill you. She comes up and talks to me about you. Man she's jealous. Open your eyes Rosemary, she loathes you. Everyone knows that except you. Look I gotta go. See you at lunch."

Alice jealous? I'm not even close to Harry. Except for the fact that we've been best friends since he moved to Virginia in eighth grade. He moved into the house next to mine's and at first I avoided him. But our moms became close friends and forced us to know each other. My mom bribed me to have a decent conversation with Harry when Ms. Anne came over for coffee. After that we talked on and off, but slowly we became close friends. We're so close that we get mistaken for siblings or boyfriend and girlfriend. But we all know that he has a girlfriend. I would never think Alice would get jealous over Harry and I. At the beginning of Harry's relationship with Alice, Alice didn't know about my relationship with Harry. So one day I was at Harry's house watching cartoons and eating breakfast on the couch, then Alice came through the door. I wasn't phased by her presence cause Harry told me that Alice was coming to his house later that day, but apparently she was. Alice was shocked to find me sprawled out on Harry on the couch watching TV. I wasn't totally on Harry, we were fighting over the control before Alice came in. I was standing on the couch gripping the control and he wrapped his arms around my knees, causing me to fall on top of him. That morning, I slept in a pair of red spandex and an XL gray muscle shirt with a neon green sports bra. So when Alice saw me, it looked like I was wearing a shirt with only red underwear on. Plus my shirt was three sizes too big so you could see through the holes and it was practically falling off me, making it look like i was only in a bra and underwear. To add the to awkwardness, she found me straddling Harry. But it was the position I fell on top of him when I lost my balance. So it looked like we were having sex on the couch. Lovely isn't it?