Something Between An Acquaintance And A Friend

Start from the beginning

"By the way Ian says sorry about the mistake of a kiss and that he still wants to be his assistance." Rose announced and my heart broke because he acknowledge our kiss as a mistake.

"Tell him that I am getting my old job back. My boss called. And when I told him about his son, he promised me to deal with him. If Nicolas tried to make any move on me his dad will not announce as the new CEO next month." I informed Rose and inside I was torn between feeling happy for having my old job back and being away from Ian and being sad and gloomy for the same reason.

"But Nicolas will still be working there, meeting him will be awkward and he may do stuff to you. Also, after a month no one will be stopping him from using the same threats." Rose sounded so concerned and I knew that she trusted me with Ian more than with Nicolas

"When that happens, I will deal with him. But for now I want to go back to my office. The company needs me and I can let down my boss, when he has so much to do before retiring." I insisted and Rose nodded in agreement.

"Maya, are you falling for Ian?" Rose questioned both took by surprise and echoed in mind repeatedly. I mean it makes sense; he makes me blush, I feel happily giddy between his arms and when he touches me or when he kissed me, I felt electrified and tingles rose all over my body...I am surly feeling something for him. But can I call such feeling love when I don't the real him? 

"No..." I denied hoping that she won't read much into my shacking tone

"Okay then I have to go Jacob and I are going to have dinner with his family." Rose announced and I just nodded and bid her goodbye.

After Rose's visit my day was uneventful. I had nothing to do other than watching movies and series and trying hardly to erase any memory I had of Ian. The kiss replied in mind countless times and it frustrated me more and more. Am I really falling for the man who just broke my heart?

"Hello...." I picked up the phone yet again without reading the name of my caller

"May..." I froze as his rough troubled voice reached my ears.

"Yes?" I replied after a minute of arguing if I should just hangup on him or hear him out

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you. It was a mistake." he said and each word felt like a dagger stabbing my heart.

"I forgive you. I knew it from the start you were using me to get closer to Rose." I replied trying to act strong 

 "I never planned to kiss you. I just wanted to make her jealous..." he confessed and my tears silently fell

"It is okay but leave me out of your future plans. I believe in Rose and Jacob's love." I announced strictly not because I wanted Ian for myself but because I truly believe that Rose is in love with Jacob and that he is in love with her too.

"I am sorry but you should know that I love her." He sounded truthful and with that my heart finally shattered in pain

"I know. Is there anything else you want to say before I hangup?" I asked wanting him to deny and just allow us to part ways

"I don't want you to go back to your old company." Ian suddenly declared with a clear decisiveness.

" Sorry Ian but I have too." I said and I could swear that I heard him cursing for a reason

"You don't have to. I offered you a job and that  Nicolas guy will try to get you in his bed again." Ian sounded so frustrated as he argued with me.

"He won't and thank you for the proposal but I have to decline." I tried to sound as professional and confident as possible.

"How do you know that?" He dared and nearly yelled