Uncertainty

Your whole body tensed up as those words left his mouth.

Your heart was racing faster and faster with each passing second. Your mind went completely blank and your breath almost stopped.

Did he just say what I thought he said...

"Are you kidding..." You nervously laughed.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" He grinned.

Why do I feel so conflicted... do I want this to happen? What the hell, you thought trembling.

You suddenly remember who you were dealing with. You steadied you breath and straightened your posture.

"Fine, game on!" You spat.

His arm left the wall and flung to his side. He walked away from behind the shed.

"No point in getting you out now," he called, "We need to have a showdown."

You now stood alone in silence. The same feeling from earlier came rushing back. Your fists curled tightly together and you clenched your teeth.

What's wrong with me! Why do I feel like this. I can't have feelings for...

You shook your head trying to erase the thoughts in your mind, then you started sprinting in the direction where you heard the boys voices.

I just have to beat him! That's all I have to do.

You turned around a few corners and stopped next to a large brick building. You spotted a certain fluffy blonde haired boy only a few meters away and a gray haired boy shivering in front of him.

"See you on the other side!" Nagisa laughed villainously.

His water gun was pointed straight at Nitori's trembling face.

Nagisa slowly pulled the trigger letting the water spray from the tip.

You hurdled from behind the building with your gun in one hand. You pulled the trigger and hit Nagisa on the neck, making him drop to the ground dramatically.

"I've been hit! Plan me an unforgettable funeral!" He screamed, raising a hand into the air, then letting it drop to his chest.

You noticed Nitori whimpering, soaked with water.

I'm not surprised at all.

You scurried past the two boys, heading towards the clearing where your team was supposed to meet up at the end. You knew there was a substantial amount of time left, but it was the most logical idea to find your remaining teammates.

You decided to climb up a smaller tree to keep an eye out for anyone.

It ended up taking a lot longer than expected. You hadn't realized how exhausted you were from earlier, until you feel asleep wedged between two thick branches.

Time Skip

"(Y/N)?"

You slowly opened your eyes and grunted, still half asleep. Then you felt someone shake your shoulder roughly from the ground, making you thrust up.