Chapter Thirteen

Começar do início

The young girl, who looked around 17 or so, looked up at me with her glossy hazel eyes and smiled. "Because that man over there already paid for you." She raised her finger and pointed towards a man.

Looking back, I noticed Vik standing there, his phone held up to his ear. "Oh. How much was the total?"

The girls luscious and shiny auburn bronzy hair shifted a little to reveal her name. Zeida. "It was," she quickly scanned her copy of the receipt, "$17.30."

Zeida handed me the bag filled with my chocolate packets. "Thank you, have a great rest of the day!" I smiled at her, "You too, Zeida."

*

The ride back to the office was silent. Vik didn't say anything nor did I. We silently got out and walked into the building. Vik was greeting some of the employees.

I, of course, was holding the paint and my chocolates. I was tracing the path that Vik was walking on frantically, making sure not to drop anything. We got in the elevator and he put his hands in his pockets.

Ding.

The elevator rang, indicating that we had reached our destination. Vik basically stormed out of the elevator, leaving me to chase him. Our offices were cut off from the rest of the building, meaning it was just the two of our offices on this floor; and a sitting area for clients.

Vik pushed open the glass door leading into his office and held it. Just as I was supposed to walk in, Alar stopped me.

Just my luck.

He had that weird smirk of his that I wanted to knock off his face every time. "Hey Juliet!" I smiled sarcastically, knowing that he was up to something. "Hi Alar."

"Can I come over tonight?" I looked at him in awe. Alar had no legiti- Never mind, he obviously wanted to meet Luna.

"Um, Alar, I'm unsure about that."

He looked me in the eyes and pleaded this time. "Please Juliet, please?"

I didn't understand what part of Luna not being interested this guy didn't understand. She clearly got angry at him for lying and would no doubt kill me if I let him come over. However, I couldn't bring myself to refuse those pleading eyes. I sighed.

"Fine. Go for it. But, I swear, if you fuck up one more time, I'm sending you to hell."

He stuck his tongue out at me and I turned to walk through the door that Vik was holding for me.

Smack!

Or so I thought he was still holding for me.

My head banged on the hard glass door and I fell down. I saw Alar run towards me and pick me up by the hand, steadying me on my own two feet.

"What the fuck is wrong with him." Alar mumbled under his breath.

Vik opened the door, walked out and tried giving me his hand but, I slapped it away.

"Juliet, are you okay?"

I glared at him, I was obviously not okay.

Who the hell just lets go of a door because the other person is talking to your own cousin.

I was annoyed. I could feel a little red bump forming on my forehead. Picking up my items from the ground, I walked into his office and placed them down on the coffee table. I heard the door shut close softly and footsteps getting closer towards me.

I heaved out a breath. I didn't want anything to do with him right now.

"Juliet, I'm so sorr-"

That was it. I lost it. I lost every bit of patience I had left in me. Normally, patience was the one thing I never ran out of. But, this. This just destroyed every factor of patience inside of me. There was none left.

"Don't. Just don't."

I felt anger boiling up inside of me. I felt like a rice cooker, in all honesty. I was ready to walk away. I picked up my chocolate filled plastic bag and started to walk towards the door.

I felt a tight grip on my wrist. I was being stopped in my tracks to leave and walk away.

Vik.

He tugged on my wrist hard and pulled me towards him so that our bodies were only so far apart.

I could hear his breathing. Soft and gentle. I felt his glorious eyes on me and I felt myself suck in a deep breath.

We were so close together, practically only an inch apart. Normally my heart would be beating out of control, howver, oddly enough, my heart was still.

I felt weird.

Calm.

Comfortable.

Safe.

Yes, that was it. I felt safe. My heart wasn't racing at all. For some reason, I felt safe rather than like a teenage girl in this situation. I felt like I belonged in his arms. As if my body was made to be forever in his arms.

I saw his free hand move towards my face. I squeezed my eyes shut and tensed up.

"Does it hurt?"

I looked up at Vik, slowly opening my eyes. If he's talking about my heart when I heard about Mia and him, yes. If he's talking about the bump on my forehead, then also yes.

"Does it hurt?" He ran a thumb gently over the bump.

I realized that I was staring and nodded  as a yes.

He frowned. His eyebrows furrowed a little. Almost as if he felt bad for what he did.

Wait.

Did he?

I looked up into his glorious caribbean blue eyes with that light tint of green. They reminded me peacock feathers each time I looked into them. So beautiful and lovely. So alive.

But not today.

His eyes looked glassy. They were glazed with water today. Or at least, in this specific moment.

He looked ready to cry. He looked vulnerable. He reminded me of myself.

Unexpectedly, he pulled me into a hug. My head was buried into his chest and his chin was over my head.

I gasped.

"Juliet, I'm sorry. I really am."

What the hell?

A/N:

Hi everyone! How'd you guys like this chapter? I included a surprise Vik PoV in the beginning just for you guys.

Also, look forward to another update very soon. I'm thinking to double update today or publish another one tomorrow!

Have a great day!