Faline's 11th Birthday

Faline's POV:

I was woken to the smell of burning food from downstairs. I ran downstairs in my black PJ's to see my Godfather in the kitchen. He was trying to cook again. "Uncle Remus, you do not have to cook for me. Even if it is my birthday" I said opening the window. He gave me a sheepish look apologizing. We cleaned up the kitchen and then I made us both breakfast.

When we finished there was a knock at the door. Uncle Remus went to answer it while I did the dishes. Suddenly someone covered my eyes saying "guess who". I rolled my eyes knowing who it was.

"Tonks, I am trying to do the dishes" I said giving her a hug. She wished me a happy Birthday as her parents and my Uncle enter the room. Andromeda said she would do the rest of the dishes for me. I sighed and followed the others to the living room where there was a stack of presents.

Once Andromeda came in I started to open my presents. I got Hogwarts A History from Uncle Lupin, an other charm (snitch) for my bracelet from Tonks, some clothes from Andromeda and Edward. I also got a few presents from family friends. A Transfiguration book from McGonagall, Magical Creatures Care book from Hagrid, muggle lollies from Dumbledore, and Potions book from Snape.

After I had opened them all, Uncle Remus left to get my surprise present. Jean flew into the room, landing on shoulder. She was awesome and delivered letters for me. I usually only owl the Tonks family, Uncle Remus when I'm not with him and reply to letters from other people. Uncle Remus came in with a small box and gave it to me.

I opened it and inside was a small black kitten with amber eyes. I picked it up and it purred contently snuggling into my chest. Everyone got out somethings I would need to look after the cat (litter box, collar, food, bowls, toys,  and cat stand). I decided to call him 'Shadow', because he was completely black and was already following me everywhere.

Jean liked the addition, but not when Shadow tried to play with her tail feathers. I was looking forward to get my Hogwarts letter and finally meeting my big brother. I hope I'll be in the same house as him.

A/N

Pic of Shadow above