Everybody watched, but no one spoke. Not until a man, a bold four on his arm and amusement showing in the form of raised eyebrows and a small smirk, crossed his arms over his chest and said, "Rightfully so."

The girl's face faltered and she turned her head to glare at the smirking man. Contempt showing in her brown eyes, she vehemently questioned, "What is wrong with-"

"Okay," another one of the men spoke up, humourlessly chuckling as he stepped forward. "The last thing we need right now is an argument." He opened his mouth to continue with something he felt the group needed: instructions - a direction to go in, so they weren't just loitering. But then he thought of the girl just behind him, how insensitive he would be to disregard that she was obviously hurting. It only took a moment to convince himself to turn in her direction, taking intent steps towards her.

All she saw in her peripheral was his shoes, and then his knees as he bent down to her level, and then a hesitant hand on her back. Her head turned, glancing at the 6 printed on his extended arm. "Um... It, uh - It really sucks that you, um... are grieving," he haltingly stated, almost making it sound more like a question than an apology. "But, um, none of us feel... that way," he continued, choosing every word carefully; the girl was blatantly in a vulnerable state and saying the wrong thing was the last thing he wanted to do, "so... That's why none of us are, you know, down here with you. I'd say take all the time you need, but we really need to find out what happened and then probably get out of here, so... Just, um, y'know... Yeah."

It was the thought that counted, she mentally told herself to stop from pointing out the futility of his monologue. Silence fell, and that tense quietude was what led to Subject Six standing to his feet and turning back to face the group. "We, um... We should go get help," he hesitantly began. "But we should probably look for survivors, try to find out what happened, you know?" He'd never admit it, but he had absolutely no idea what to say. He felt obligated to say something to the group of closed mouths and wide eyes, to assure them of... something. Anything. He genuinely didn't know what they needed to hear, but he was giving it his best shot.

Would anybody, though? The last thing any of them expected to see when let out of their cells was a complete massacre. And deep down, he was petrified that whatever happened to the staff would happen to them. He knew everyone else was scared too, and a fearful group was a futile group. They needed a leader who seemed like he knew what he was doing, even if that leader was stuck in the same place as them.

His eyes flickered over to the only face he recognized in the group: Parker Adams, Subject Ten; the very reason Subject Six got stuck in the hands of the government. He nodded towards the slightly younger man and instantly turned on his heel, walking away from the group. It was presumable that his best friend got the silent message, as his quick steps were heard lingering not far behind, until, finally, they were walking beside one another. "What are you doing?" Parker was quick to ask. "What are we doing? What-"

"I really don't know," Subject Six cut him off. "I just... don't want to sit back, you know? I, um... Yeah, I just - I'm not going to do that." He turned his head to watch what should've been a cluster of test subjects but was instead a group that was gradually separating and going their own ways. Some went into their designated cell, probably to recollect themselves; others continued down the multiple hallways in search for a phone to call someone, a survivor who could tell them what happened, anything. "We should definitely stay together, though, yeah?"

"Yeah," Parker agreed. "I mean... Who knows-"

"I've, um... I set this to play three minutes after I finish recording it," a male's shaky voice echoed throughout the facility, booming from the speakers built into the walls and ceiling. "I... Fuck. God, forgive us for being such arrogant dumbasses. I'm sorry, I - I should get to the point."