Chapter 28 - I don't remember giving any of you an address + SNEAK PEEK

Start from the beginning

"Damn." He says and I shrug. "Desperate times call for desperate measures. Sorry about that."

"Nah I get it. It's cool." He says. "I'm going to see if they want food."

"Alright," I say. "But tell them they better hurry before we eat it all."

He laughs, "Will do Blue."

After a while, we all gather in Sam's kitchen to discuss our next move as I finish off my waffle.

"So, the question is: who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asks.

"Pierce," Steve says.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," She counters.

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star," Steve responds.

"So was Jasper Sitwell," Natasha says, a smile growing on her face.

"He could give us access and information on what's going on," I add and we share a determined look.

"So, the real question is," Steve interjects. "How do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?"

"The answer is: you don't," Sam says and drops a file on the table.

"What's this?" Steve asks.

"Call it a resume." He responds. Nat and I open the file and find a photo and profile of his time in Afghanistan.

"Is this Bakhmala?" Natasha asks. "The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you."

"What? No way." I say, looking at the papers Nat hands to me before.

"You guys never said he was pararescue," Natasha said.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asks, showing him a picture of Sam and a colleague.

"Yeah," Sam responds with a small smile.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs." Natasha remarks. "What did you use, a stealth chute?"

"No. These," He answers and hands Steve yet another file that Natasha and I have to crane our necks to see.

"EXO-7 Falcon suits?" I say, impressed. "Nice touch Wilson."

"Thanks," He says, amused.

"I thought you said you're a pilot," Steve says.

"I never said a pilot," Sam smirks.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam," Steve says."You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam responds.

"Told ya, Cap," I say.

Steve gives me a pointed look before turning back to Sam. 

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall." Sam sighs. Steve looks at me and Natasha and we both shrug.

 Steve looks at me and Natasha and we both shrug

"Shouldn't be a problem

"Shouldn't be a problem." Steve responds.

"We've dealt with harder," I add. "So, let's go break into United States Army installation."

Hey guys! I'm sorry for the short part this week, but since I figured I was putting a sneak peak in it might be better. (That's a lie, I totally didn't plan this it just ended up happening. Just like the book cover XD)

So I hope you liked this part, vote and comment if you did and follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in the next part! Until then 

Shoot Straight (and enjoy the sneak peek and cover ;)

StraightOuttaArrows

To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first

To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first... you need to believe in the impossible.  But once you believe, well my life is complicated. Like if we got into a debate on who's life was more complicated right now I would probably win. So believing makes this a lot easier for both of us.

But first of all, introductions: My name is Rani Raymond. If that name sounds familiar, that's probably because you're thinking of my older cousin Ronnie Raymond. 

Why the similarity in names? Let's just say our mother's thought it would be cute if their children had similar names. They also always told us we looked similar and I never understood that.

I owe Ronnie everything. He was the brother I never had growing up and he's still kept in touch all these years later. Despite the distance between Starling and Central City, he's always been there when I need him. And let's just say that I always returned the favor when he needed me.

Until a particle accelerator decided to blow up in our faces.

Literally.

And my life? I wouldn't say it speeded up or slowed down, that would probably fit Barry's life more than mine.

My life? I think it's fair to say, became a little more electric.