With You By: Hailey Kittleson

Lyrics:
Hold me tight
I will be your wings tonight
I will catch you when you fall
We can laugh as we show them all

We could run away
Make plans of a great escape
I will give you anything
No one can hurt you when you're with me

And I can't imagine losing you

[Chorus:]
I see you covered in scrapes and bruises
And there's no room for dumb excuses
But it's alright, it's alright
It's alright yeah it's alright
And there's no pain when I'm with you
So take my hand and we'll breakthrough
'Cause it's alright, it's alright
It's alright yeah it's alright

We can live like kings
Dream about impossible things
We'll build our walls up so high
They couldn't reach us if they tried

So why do I feel like I'm losing you

[Chorus:]
I see you covered in scrapes and bruises
And there's no room for dumb excuses
But it's alright, it's alright
It's alright yeah it's alright
And there's no pain when I'm with you
So take my hand and we'll breakthrough
'Cause it's alright, it's alright
It's alright yeah it's alright

(Instrumental)

And I can't imagine losing you

[Chorus:]
I see you covered in scrapes and bruises
And there's no room for dumb excuses
But it's alright, it's alright
It's alright yeah it's alright
And there's no pain when I'm with you
So take my hand and we'll breakthrough
'Cause it's alright, it's alright
It's alright yeah it's alright [2x]

Meaning:
I think the first part is saying how she will be always be side by side with this person; they'll be there for each other.

In the next phrase, I think she's trying to say she would be willing to do nearly anything (such as running away with them) & as long as they stick together she won't let anything bad happen to them & won't let them get hurt.

Pretty self-explanatory, but she can't imagine what life would be like without this special person in it.

The chorus starts with her singing about this person being covered in "scrapes and bruises," which I think is to be taken figuratively. As in this person has been through a lot maybe emotionally or mentally as opposed to physically. I'm gonna be honest, I am drawing blank at what "there's no room for dumb excuses" could mean. (If you have idea comment ;) lol.) I think "there's no pain when I'm with you" is her saying that when she's with this person she feels happy and safe, so she's asks them to take her hand and they'll be able to "breakthrough" anything that tries bring them down.

Now for verse #2! She says they'll "live like kings" and "dream about impossible things". I think that means they can do anything and successful when they're together. "We'll build up our walls so high/they couldn't reach us if they tried" could be her saying that they only need each other and if they are with each other no one will be able to get to them.

The next line is kinda sad: she feels like she's losing her friend. It could by why she wrote the song, to try and tell her friend how much they mean to her.

Then the chorus twice more with some instrumental in between.

Theme:
I would say that this song is about the singer expressing how much they care for this person. The singer is letting them know that if they stay close there is nothing that can ruin them or get to them. Together they're pretty unbreakable, the singer's just trying to make that clear. They to want to lose they're friend and that closeness.

Conclusion:
Thanks guys for reading this chapter! I think Hailey (follow on wattpad -> HSkittle ) is a very talented singer and will go places someday. You should go take a look at her videos on YouTube. There's not much, it might be worth you're while. I really liked this song and I thought it had a good meaning to it, so yeah.

Thanks to everyone who reads and taps the star and comments, because I love when people let me know how I'm doing & when I can see how many people have enjoyed my book. All comments (including constructive criticism, song recommendations, applause, and really anything except rude comments towards others) are welcomed any time. You could also private message me if (like me) commenting on other people's books makes you feel uncomfortable and awkward.

Side note-You know when you think back on something you did and you can't help but cringe? That's how I feel when I read my old chapters....so uh...my apologies and hope you still read.

I'm starting to read more on Wattpad, so maybe I'll read one of your guys' stories this someday. Who knows?

Last thing: I am such a liar and said I'd be ready forever ago multiple
times. I'll try to better, it's just hard to find that feeling of wanting to write, ya feel me?

Love you guys!

Follow, comment, tap that star, and go check out Hailey Kittleson!