Immortals By: Fall Out Boy

Lyrics:
They say we are what we are
But we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams

Oooooooh
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
Oooooooh,
I try to picture me without you but I can't

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long
And live with me forever now,
You pull the blackout curtains down
Just not for long, for long

We could be
Immooooooo- immortals [4x]

Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
Is when it's tested again and again everyday
I'm still comparing your past to my future
It might be your wound but they're my sutures

Oooooooh
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
Oooooooh,
I try to picture me without you but I can't

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long
And live with me forever now,
You pull the blackout curtains down
Just not for long, for long

We could be
Immooooooo- immortals [2x]

Immortals,
And live with me forever now,
Pull the blackout curtains down,

We could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long.
We could be
Immooooooo- immortals [4x]
(Immortals)

Meaning:
I feel like there's a lot of symbolism involved, so thanks to the friend who recommended it! Anyways, eternal flame is a fire that is everlasting (everlasting love?) and maybe the next line is about how he'll protect them?

When I picture sand at the bottom of the hourglass, I picture that as the time that has already passed. But it doesn't necessarily go away, because you can flip it over and reuse it over and over again. And he can't see himself without her, obviously. He also likes the letter "O".

He says they can be immortals, but not for long. Which is sort of oxymoron-ish. It could mean that they will feel invincible for a brief moment, but it won't last. Blackout curtains keep light from getting in, so maybe this could be a metaphor that means she needs to let go a little and let him into his life.

I think the next part is saying that she has had a rough past and has been hurt. But he believes that stuff will be better and that she can help him with his "wounds" from the past. Because it says her wounds are whose sutures, which I had to look up the meaning of. It means stitches, so that's how I drew this conclusion.

And the rest is just mainly the chorus and pre-chorus repeated over again.

Theme:
I think one of the themes is to have faith or believe in someone else every once in a while. And that you shouldn't let bad things that happened in the past effect your future. And finally that when you are with another person, especially with someone you love or is close to you, you both can be stronger.

Conclusion:
Well, I don't think this was my best work, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. If you want lots of mentions and for me to write about one of your favorite songs please message me or comment with a song so I can write about it for you. Be sure to comment if you agree or disagree with my opinion.

Follow, comment, & tap that star